• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rear suspension ?jump?

Allowing the rear end to actually move will only make it faster. So there’s that.
But if you’re blowing your tires off already and can’t gain wheel speed (sitting there on the limiter), you’re kind of stuck at that speed…

How much compression travel do you have in the rear at that ride height? You will need to check axle clearance to the body and diff clearance to the body as well.

Had a feeling that might be it too, sure enough the floor above the nose of the diff is smashed pretty much through. Looks like I’m only getting about an inch of compression if that. Not sure how I never heard it but there is a lot more to focus on while drifting. Next topic - custom driveshaft tunnel

CvRIHDf.jpg

v22IYwY.jpg

TQJJBEM.jpg

Last edited:
That amount of rubbing isn't too bad. It also looks like your shocks might be bottoming out as well.
I see you don't have a pinon bump rubber as well, those are handy to have.
Did you cut the bump stops off? Those are generally good things to have as well..

Bet that if you raise that car 1" and take out 2 degrees of camber it will be a million times easier to drive. Not a whole lot of effort to change back if you hate it.

I mean it?s definitely more than ?rubbing?

Is water going to spray through? It's fine.

The diff mount broke in a friends rally car, the pinion flange was rubbing on the floor pan so much that the sheet metal was glowing orange and the paint caught on fire. They still raced the car like that after a ghetto 20min fix. I think the car still has the burn mark on the floor.

You're going to be just fine :)

I have 200lb springs coming and gonna have to cut the ds tunnel
If you're just swapping out the springs, you're going to need to C-notch the rails and use shorter stroke shocks unless you want to run on the non-existent bump stops again.

Back