home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2021, 05:46 PM   #76
esmth
Board Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: MA/NH
Default

wow that is a great idea for the accessory bracket. Alternator under the exhaust manifold on the early redblock really wasn't the best design

Maybe I can copy with a slab of aluminum?
__________________
1991 244 LH2.4 M46 352k miles
esmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 01:17 AM   #77
Finnish240
Board Member
 
Finnish240's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Finland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatshouldido View Post
Great read, great build ! Thanks for keepin them clean!
Thank you, doing my best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Alanko View Post
Very clean looking car.
I like it very much!

Kuten täällä sanotaan: nätti ku sika pienenä!
Nice to hear/Mukava kuulla

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmth View Post
wow that is a great idea for the accessory bracket. Alternator under the exhaust manifold on the early redblock really wasn't the best design

Maybe I can copy with a slab of aluminum?
Please do! If we think the idea that engine is tilted to right, it has heavy alternator, maybe big turbo and torque to right, I assume that little weight balancing to left would help the right motor mount

I have had this idea for a while, Viking Fabrications @ Facebook did his own version using aluminum. He fabricated whole thing from scratch, I thought that it would be easyer to use OE brackets what comes to lining.
__________________
Volvo 240 GL - not so low, but yes.... it is slow
Finnish240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 05:46 AM   #78
Finnish240
Board Member
 
Finnish240's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Finland
Default

Few things happened since last post.

Added adjustable torque rods at rear, took 15mm from original lenght. Seems a good amount with this lowering and 9.5" wheel.





Changed the brakefluid, old fluid was dark and 6 years old low price stuff.

Next I changed carpet to trunk, old was in terrible shape. New is balcony mat, so it should last long. I am going to cut pieces to cover wheelwells and walls from trunk.



Car had some oil leaking so I changed new hoses, and o-ring to sandwich plate. Seems that I didnt took any good pics. Tadk was anoying...

Newest "project" was moving the stereo unit. Since I added gauges radio had to go down, but it was difficult to use. I had one center console that was in baad shape allready, so why not to try move radio to center?

Cutted the switch places and ashtray off so I could put switces to ashtrays location. Stereo unit needed some room behind it so I cutted two cuts to dashboard and bent it a bit. Too shame that I left my phone inside the house and didn't took any pictures. Install needed so much work from fingers so I am not going to remove it for pics anytime soon, sorry for those who are intrested.

Here is final result for now.





Sorry for blurry images. My phone have seen its best days
Unit pokes a bit because it is a standard CD player. I could change it to BT version, but i like to listen CDs sometimes son its not an option for now.

Dramatic foggy pic for the end

Finnish240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.