• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B234 an header

242R

Just picked up a 744 gle 16 valve 5speed. Where can I find a header looking to keep n a. Did a search on here didn't see anything. Thanks.

there was a guy that took the chinabay 8v turbo one(it's upside down and the collector is at the firewall) and used it as NA, i liked the idea. not sure if the 16v one exits in the right place or the firewall, if it's the firewall you could do similar to what that guy did

I like the idea of modifying a turbo header; also, ask around at local exhaust shops. If someone's got a mandrel bender, they might be up to the challenge.

Also, a 744 with a factory 5 speed? Awesome. Is that a real thing?

I like the idea of modifying a turbo header; also, ask around at local exhaust shops. If someone's got a mandrel bender, they might be up to the challenge.

Also, a 744 with a factory 5 speed? Awesome. Is that a real thing?

Yes. A lot of later 740s were M47, even with the B234F

there was a guy that took the chinabay 8v turbo one(it's upside down and the collector is at the firewall) and used it as NA, i liked the idea. not sure if the 16v one exits in the right place or the firewall, if it's the firewall you could do similar to what that guy did

I've got the 16v ebay header. It exits in the right spot so it wouldn't work as NA without lots of rework.

How about using an adapter from Yoshifab with the upside down flange ebay header?

Just picked up a 744 gle 16 valve 5speed. Where can I find a header looking to keep n a. Did a search on here didn't see anything. Thanks.

You want to keep the car stock and N/A (natural aspired).
What's wrong with the stock header, or is it missing?

Stock is there just looking to upgrade if I could. guess ill just leave it. yes its a 5 speed should be a fun car!

The stock N/A header (cast iron) and downpipe (steel) actually flows pretty well. It's not going to be much of a restriction for a stock car.

If you do a high compression N/A build, and have a machinist work the head and intake manifold, and also install racing cams from Sweden, then a full custom exhaust would probably be warranted. But if it were my car, it wouldn't be highest on my priority list.

The best "bang for the buck" on 16 valve N/A is going to be a high-compression build with a nice set of pistons and some stronger connecting rods. Just that right there would get you close to 200HP at the crank (total estimate). After that, then I would start worrying about intake and exhaust work.

That and some real camshafts...and valve springs....then some 48 ITBs, then that would be closer to 240....(good estimate)

Back