• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1990 240 GLT from the land of potato

dom?n

Here's mine 240 GLT. It's been living its life with the first owner for the first 23 years in France, but last year things have changed: my friend bought it to drive it a few months while he was finishing his B230FT project. Found it on french craigslist, flew to France, after swapping some mechanical stuff that caused problems he drove it back to Poland without any problems. After hearing this story I was quite sure that this is the car I'm looking for ;)

I have been riding the 240 Diesel from 1991 for last three years, but got sick of its slowness. Had no intention to make it a Turbodiesel, and some rust issues showed up, so it had to go. But it was a nice ride, I've made 50kkms without major problems, learned a lot. Here it is:

Back to the GLT: it's been made in 1990, so despite of the GLT badge it's quite poorly equipped: B230F + M47, electric front windows, leather interior, tach, heated seats. But among these there's one quite unique feature - the Nivomat rear suspension. The shocks are made by Monroe, and are operated with the simple tyre-like valve and a small pressure gauge, both located under the hood. Of course after 24 years the shocks are completely dead, but somehow I've managed to find a brand new set (hopefully I'll be recieving it in a few weeks).

Previous owner installed the VX3 cam and the difference is In nearby future it should be completed with the 531 cam. If this won't bring enough joy I'll be trying to find some more horsepower though some other mods, but I'm not planning to +T it. If it's going to be a quicker brick, then only through OEM mods and keeping it N/A.

But the most brilliant thing about this particular 240 is the 99% lack of rust. After inspecting its entirety I've found only 2 small spots - and they're quite easy to heal. This is a rare gem in Poland, as most 20+ cars are affected by the road salt used every winter.

I have some extras laying in the closet, but not enough time to install them: front Bosch fog lights, third brake light, armrest with cupholders (black, i need to have it redone in tan leather). I'm looking for some more stuff like the US blinkers or extra gauges (econometer!).

Hope you like it :)

It's been a few months riding the rear Nivomat/Air shocks suspension and still it rides like a dream. Plus I've got a primitive height control ;) Got this rare gem lately:

Now it's only a matter of time to find a proper compressor that will fit in the right buttcheek and make it controllable without getting out from the car :)

Nice! A rustfree car is a very good starting point. :nod:

It's been a few months riding the rear Nivomat/Air shocks suspension and still it rides like a dream. Plus I've got a primitive height control ;) Got this rare gem lately:

Now it's only a matter of time to find a proper compressor that will fit in the right buttcheek and make it controllable without getting out from the car :)

Where did you get that? I need one to my lowered 244 GL :-D

Super rare power height adjusting headligts!

These are not that rare here... At least we have something that's rare from your point of view :-P

Where did you get that? I need one to my lowered 244 GL :-D

I'm still stunned with the things I find in these barns I roam from time to time. I try to visit every single guy selling these 240s in pieces and sometimes such stuff just hides under piles of rust ;) Too bad it happens maybe twice a year...

Last edited:
I've bought a winter beater, the GLT is being stored in the garage until the snow is gone. Hopeefully three months or something like that...

_MG_1251.jpg

The beater is 1993, thus the AC is the newer type filled with R134a, of course non-working... but this will buff out when I'll swap it into the GLT. Goofy B230FD engine paired with M47, power-nothing except steering, blue cloth interior and overall bad condition. But hey, it moves!

It's a not-really-well maintained car that has some flaws but my intention was to buy anything, and I settled on a car with AC that will find its way into the primary car as well with some other bits and pieces. If noone will be interested in buying it in the spring I'll sell anything thats worth a penny and then send it to the crusher. Meanwhile its rolling ahead - 349 000 kms at the moment passed and it seems that's not the end of the way.

Digging the vintage black registration plates :cool:

Beater is just like the Diesel 245 but so much better thanks to the redblock :).
Sadly there's still no snow over here:grrr:.
All the best for your Bricks Mr. Potato :)

Just an idea I thought would join the best of both worlds:

(it's photoshopped, but as GTA wheels are impossible to find here, this could do the job)

Back