• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

How Much Would You Pay?

That sounds like a fair price for what appears to be a excellent example of a late 240 wagon. The paint, trim, and interior look new. If it drives as nice as it looks I doubt you could go wrong with it.

That sounds like a fair price for what appears to be a excellent example of a late 240 wagon. The paint, trim, and interior look new. If it drives as nice as it looks I doubt you could go wrong with it.

Oh it drives even better!

- how would one go about selling a car on this site?:-D

The odometer reading might hurt the ending price on eBay. It seems the money only flows freely if the odo is <100K. Obviously, condition means a lot more than miles on a 22 year old car, but some people like to think they're doing the closest thing possible to buying a new 240 from the dealership.

Good luck getting that in E. Texas.

You might find a buyer from SFA that would pay that, or someone willing to travel in to drive it out...

that being said, a very nice 92 244 sat on CL for months here in Austin at $3k. And this is the hipster capital of TX! I'd put in on CL/Houston just ot cover your bases, and be willing to accept $3k if you want it gone. And try ebay also...

That car looks great. On Craigslist in the Baltimore/Washington, DC area these sell for $1,500 to $3,000. I agree that less than 100,000 miles would bring the price up. The reality is that there aren't a lot of buyers for rear wheel drive Volvos. Wagons seem more popular, but people don't want to fork out more than $2,000 for a 23 year old car with over 200,000 miles. Volvo enthusiasts are most likely to appreciate or want such a vehicle and high miles shouldn't scare them.

If it is in as good of shape as it looks, has maintenance records and has been taking care of, not have 55 owners, I think you should have no issue getting that price. Even with 200k, I bet that squirter block is a quiet smooth dream. These things are hard to find in that condition, let alone a 1993 with all the things people love about the 1993 model year! GLWS, don't let anyone low ball you!

Craigslist is for buying cars and ebay is for selling and making a small profit.

Your price depends on the local market. Do Volvos sell well there? If not, Ebay may be your best bet. However, I'm with the other guys on the mileage. It's gonna be a bit of a hard sell.

Back