• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Microsquirt vii Regina crank signal

So this is where I’m at now and it tells “not rpm synced” I have no spark but I’m getting rpm in the TunerStudio engine speed gauge

IoSjheOl.jpg

So I have jumpers on the micro v2 board. Well there are no jumpers installed and I can’t find any information on them. I have a feeling that may be my issue. If anyone can help I’d greatly appreciate it

First off, disconnect your injectors and your coil until you get a good tooth pattern while cranking.

The polarity of the signal to the power stage is selected by the confusingly named Spark Output "Going High" or "Going Low" setting. If you use the wrong one, it may overheat your coil and will trigger at the wrong time.

To check the crank VR sensor, you want to run a "Tooth Logger" view from Tuner Studio - see the MSextra Setting Up Guide for Megasquirt-2 (your MicroSquirt v2 is most similar to Megasquirt-2). If you get something, but still aren't getting rpm sync, post a picture.

You can also test the fuel pump, injectors, ignition and idle valve separately - see the Output Test menus under the TunerStudio CAN-bus/Testmodes tab, and the Setting Up Guide.

I looked at the schematics and I don't see any jumpers in the MicroSquirt v2. Unlike the MegaSquirt, you either wire up the Opto input or the VR input (not both) and the circuits will use whichever one is active (no jumper selection is involved). Does your MicroSquirt have some sort of plug-and-play adapter board, in addition to the main MicroSquirt board? If so, please post a picture showing any jumpers.

jWobslol.png

So I moved the jumpers to logic level output and now I have spark. It runs, I did some timing adjustments. I need to connect my knock senor. I have spark knock under part load with afr at 9

Now I need more help. I get a error when I try to write my map, coolant temp and intake temp to the controller. I’ve tried custom and the ones from the drop down. I’ve reloaded my firmware also. I contacted diyautotune and sent them the files but they don’t sound like they want to help.

I think you're asking about changing the Tools->Calibrate... temperature,MAP,etc. values. To change these, you need to do a "Tools ->Un/Lock Calibrations" first. I don't know why MS treats these specially compared to fueling/spark settings. I'd hope that TunerStudio would post a useful message if you tried to change values when locked, but maybe not.

If this isn't the issue, please post a followup.

Which file did you use to load the firmware?
megasquirt2.s19
microsquirt-module.s19
mspnp.s19
microsquirt.s19

What is the error message?

I have been really busy at work the past couple of days and haven’t been able to mess with it. The guys at diyautotune want a log file. I haven’t had time to do that either.

I haven't seen that error before. DIYautotune is your best bet. Or you could try posting in the TunerStudio section at msextra.com/forums.

Your setup looks OK, or at least it shows a "uS" for MicroSquirt next to Registered To... on the top line.

A couple things you might try while waiting for DIY:
- Run a log, or change a dahsboard gauge, and monitor your battery voltage. Is it nice and stable at ~12volts, or is there noise?
- After the failure message, if you immediately try again, what happens? Same message again and again or different messages?
- Are you powering your laptop from a wall outlet? If so, try running off of laptop battery without plugging it into the wall.

Back