• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Tire suggestion please

Qckslvr

I didn't post this to my thread, because I need some fresh input.

So I went out and bought a used 225/50R16 this morning and had it mounted to one of the Galaxies. I like the stance of the tire..... but my fenders don't. If I don't hit any bumps in the road I am golden. So I have two options. 1st option. Find a narrower tire, and use them. 2nd have the fenders rolled, and possibly ruin my new paint job :(

The offset is perfect on these wheels. I could have them machined, but 5mm isn't going to make that big of difference.... Or will it.

So here is a picture of the car with the Galaxies (Galaxy mounted, a cordless impact, and some photoshop).

Discuss :)

Hot damn DAT car.....

You need 205 tires. On my gems I only run 205/55/16 tires they are perfect .....perfect....

If you really want to run those wheels you could get the fenders rolled. As long as it's done by someone with experience your paint job won't suffer. Heating the paint before rolling, and moving the metal very slowly is the key.
Or go down to 205's.

First of all the offset in't perfect, it's poking by 20 mm or 7/8", which is most of your problem.

Some sticky 205's are in order, or some 16" or better WWD wheels if you want to center the wheels on the track width and go with wider tires.

Last edited:
I'd start weighting the car with sandbags and inspecting. get to that point that you can cee the contact and see if it's less than 5mm. If so, machine the backpads and go for it. Not sure about rolling fenders. I really know anything about 1800's but if it's anything like a 200 series, I cant imagine rolling those rear lips without messing up the paint.

So the winning tire is going to be a BFG Sport Comp-2 in a 205/50R16. The fit is perfect, no rubs, no body contact. :)

Now the next debate. Do I paint the wheels or not

More people seem to like the wheels in their stock silver color. I am on the fence with painting them to match the stripe.

bfg_gforce_sc2_ci2_l.jpg

Back