• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Oil drain tube help

JackV

Is there a rubber grommet that goes around the bottom where it goes in the block? I'm leaking from there and I'm not sure if its a seal or what.

What car model....

If you?ve pulled the tube out, and the engine is not on the stand, then you?ve made a boo boo. The tube is clamped to the block to prevent it from flopping into the rotating crankshaft and getting mangled.

There is a seal for the oil trap itself.

Goatman

I just got it all sorted out I just realized my post wasnt very descriptive. Sorry. And it was for the turbo drain.

I removed the leaking drain tube seal to replace it, and as it popped out it ripped the rubber o ring in half, I only saw a half of it under the car, I think the other half may have fallen into my oil pan. Will it stay at the bottom until I do an oil change or will it destroy my engine?

I removed the leaking drain tube seal to replace it, and as it popped out it ripped the rubber o ring in half, I only saw a half of it under the car, I think the other half may have fallen into my oil pan. Will it stay at the bottom until I do an oil change or will it destroy my engine?

If you look at photos of the Volvo oil pump you'll see there's a mesh screen over the intake designed to catch large debris like that.

I would change your oil sooner than later though.

I was trying to find this out thank you for clarifying that it has a filter. Let's say if I drain my oil the half of the o-ring doesn't come out... then what?

Back