• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pinout for DSM CAS with MaxxEcu

volvosruinedmylife

Well I have come here after not finding a direct answer for my issue. I am installing a Maxx ecu on a b21ft.

The question is. What is the pinout on the DSM cas?
i have four wires white,black,yellow, and red. If someone has experience with the Maxx ecu that would be fantastic but really i just need to know what those wires do and not what i need to hook them up to.

Most of the info i find is all Megasquirt related and while it is helpful is also complicated things for me. looking through pages of DSM cas info that is all talk about Megasquirt.

Thanks in advance and thanks for this forum,
The other Jesse in Tucson

whether it's for megasquirt or something else shouldn't matter from a basic function standpoint.. the power in, ground, and two signal outs don't change based on what they're connected to. the big question with the maxxecu is whether or not it's got internal pull-ups on the cam and crank inputs, or if you have to do that externally.

whether it's for megasquirt or something else shouldn't matter from a basic function standpoint.. the power in, ground, and two signal outs don't change based on what they're connected to. the big question with the maxxecu is whether or not it's got internal pull-ups on the cam and crank inputs, or if you have to do that externally.

all maxxecu units have internal pullups for every input, cam/crank, digital/VR (software selectable) , except for Analog currently. most units have 2 dedicated spare thermistor channels and 8 spare 0-5v AIN channels. pro unit has 30 spare analog inputs

I need to get ahold of one those to play with. have they gotten the 6 and 8 speed stuff working yet for gm transmissions?

I need to get ahold of one those to play with. have they gotten the 6 and 8 speed stuff working yet for gm transmissions?

Are you referring to the CANBUS/TCM based stuff? no, and i don't see that being very high on the to-do list.

you know who to call to get one.

Also the BMW N/S55 7-speeds?

S55 DCT (M4, F80, ect) is on the way. that will be canbus controlled, and you do not have to have a GWS shifter from the car to make it work. you may use a keypad, your own switches, or an CAN switchboard with your own buttons, ect. The GWS from that car can be used if desired, or the DCT Shifter, ect.

Back