• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MikeSr.'s 242 V-8 project

I like it. gotta get mine detailed and tinted (wonder if I could work something out with a tint guy, cause I've got several vehicles now that need tint and a shop they could do em in...

Thanks- tires are 215-35/18.........

Mike, best of luck keep those rims round! You are braver than I, running those rubber bands on the ATL roads.

Glad the V8 project has come to functionality..... who said you couldn't finish anything?

Some pics of new wheels and studs. 215/35ZR-18 tires. Extended wheel stud by Kaphlenke(thanks BNE!). Mishimoto tuner lugs. EBC yellow pads and drilled and slotted rotors.

Last edited:
Street shot
171509883.jpg

How are the wheels quality wise?

I am considering a set of these as well, I have some Eikers in 18" coming but always loved these when they used to be the original branded Gummi wheel.

Looks great!

I think he means the pads going further out than the rotors.

I don't think it's a big deal. As it wears you'll just get a little lip on the pad. I have a similar situation going on like that on the front of my PV, 122 calipers, using some 122 pads I had laying around. They fit perfectly... other than the pad material goes too far out like that.

Glad to see another V8 Volvo, Mine is now 33 years old,325K miles on it. BTW my rotors have 120 holes each, bought all the brake parts new from Volvo in 1991. 275K miles later haven't had to replace anything yet, might need rear pads this year?. Will be at Carlisle this year hope to see you there.

Back