• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mountainmeet 2021: The Return 9/22-9/26/2021 (Wednesday-Sunday)

Starting to think about a drive route for this year. Thinking we do two drive groups, one for shorter (1.5 hours or so) and one for longer (3.5 hours or so). Thoughts?

Edit// or maybe just print up some suggested routes and let people take off in their own small groups for whatever. The big 30+ car drives don't have a very good historical success rate...

A loong time ago, I cruised those spots in my Fiat Spider with my buddy in a Porsche Super 90. We saw the SCCA hill climb at Chimney Rock Park.

A loong time ago, I cruised those spots in my Fiat Spider with my buddy in a Porsche Super 90. We saw the SCCA hill climb at Chimney Rock Park.

Every couple years there are discussions about bringing the Chimney Rock hillclimb back. Never amounts to anything though.

So if I pull the wuss card and trailer my 245 up where could I park my truck and trailer? The rear axle is starting to make some noise and honestly I don't think I've driven the car more than 200 miles since 2019's mountain meet.

Thoughts?

Sam

So if I pull the wuss card and trailer my 245 up where could I park my truck and trailer? The rear axle is starting to make some noise and honestly I don't think I've driven the car more than 200 miles since 2019's mountain meet.

Thoughts?

Sam

There's a big gravel parking area off to the right off the driveway down to the lodge. Ziggy put his camper there last time, plenty of room for a trailer.

Starting to think about a drive route for this year. Thinking we do two drive groups, one for shorter (1.5 hours or so) and one for longer (3.5 hours or so). Thoughts?

Edit// or maybe just print up some suggested routes and let people take off in their own small groups for whatever. The big 30+ car drives don't have a very good historical success rate...

more reason for me to get the boxster done. so i can be in one of the new driving groups after they get split up lol

Not sure what to bring this year
XC70? Comfortable, wagon camping, nice on the offroad trails (if anyone does that this year), terrible on the curvy roads, but a nice cruiser. Its a volvo going to a volvo meet
122? Tent camping, Slow, terrible brakes, but is still generally fun to drive as hard as it can on curvy roads. It's also a volvo going to a volvo meet.
912E? Tent camping, faster but still slow, would want to upgrade suspension, wheels, and tires first before the then. Would be real fun on the curvy roads after that. Not a volvo.

I’m bringing a not-a-Volvo wrx. Can 912 suspension bits be obtained without second mortgages?

Can 912 suspension bits be obtained without second mortgages?
Sort of…
I bought some new 15x7 Fuchs knock offs already. It currently has 14x5 on it now. Plus tires will be in the $400 range. New suspension bits will be in the ballpark of $1500 and I’ll have to put it all on before this.

Back