• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

sts 240 engine torque mount installation

sloopy

2-digit whp
im trying to install the sts 240 engine torque mount from here:
https://www.stsmachininginc.com/col...e-engine-mount-for-240-chassis-fits-1975-1993

i have the engine side sorted out. on the chassis side, the mount looks like it's supposed to get sandwhiched in the cross member mounting bolts. but im looking under the car and there's hardly any thread left on the cross member bolts and it seems like i need longer bolts

yes. id have to disassemble it to figure out what size it is. these things are really rusted in there so im letting them soak before trying again

M10x1.5 I believe but don’t quote me on that

Make sure they’re grade 8.8

Last edited:
I asked this question when they first came out and STS' answer is that there's enough thread engagement. I ran it as-is for a year or two? And there were not any problems. I actually just removed mine and am more comfortable with a couple threads coming through the crossmember as it really should be..

With maybe 120 bhp it will net you nothing other than making the car unbearable to drive. You are way better off with some Diesel mounts.

With maybe 120 bhp it will net you nothing other than making the car unbearable to drive. You are way better off with some Diesel mounts.

what about with 175-200whp naturally aspirated, 4.1:1 gears, and a wavetrac? it's a daily driver, but i drive it hard and i like the idea of the robustness of the torque mount taking stress off the engine mount and maybe it will feel better launching and shifting.

i like to take the minimal approach to modifications. so if it's not significantly improving the driving characteristics or providing some sort of clear benefit, id rather forget about the torque mount and just go with tougher engine mounts.

Diesel mounts are still the way to go. 175 lbs-ft is well within the limits for those things.

what about with 175-200whp naturally aspirated, 4.1:1 gears, and a wavetrac? it's a daily driver, but i drive it hard

Like a real 175whp, or you think it makes 175whp? I?m mostly just curious about what you have going on under the hood.

Like a real 175whp, or you think it makes 175whp? I?m mostly just curious about what you have going on under the hood.

imaginary 175whp. its a stock b230f with an a-cam. im hoping to make decent power with my engine build. if anyones interested in the sts torque mount, send me a pm :eek:)

what do you think about the torque mount? how much of an effect did it have?

it's ok. It helps stabilize the block, but with that and Yoshifab rubber mounts the vibration inside the car was pretty miserable.

I just put in a set of mounts from Anderssen Speed and Steel and ditched the third mount, it's world's better in terms of NVH and the engine is noticeably more stable.

it's ok. It helps stabilize the block, but with that and Yoshifab rubber mounts the vibration inside the car was pretty miserable.

I just put in a set of mounts from Anderssen Speed and Steel and ditched the third mount, it's world's better in terms of NVH and the engine is noticeably more stable.

Interesting. Mine was absolutely unbearable when I used those in 2019.

Interesting. Mine was absolutely unbearable when I used those in 2019.

Yeah I have thought of that, but I was actually really pleasantly surprised. Like I said to Tate yesterday, it's not a Lexus but it's absolutely an improvement. My dash was terrible before. I don't think Tate has any complaints yet after doing his but neither of us has put much time on em.

imaginary 175whp. its a stock b230f with an a-cam. im hoping to make decent power with my engine build. if anyones interested in the sts torque mount, send me a pm :eek:)

pm sent. I think its one of the best inventions for our redblocks. But Im not after perfect smooth ride. Im just glad I have an option to get rid of the ratchet strap.

Back