• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Sander's 6.0 V12 745 project

Hmm... I'm always thinking about weight. Those control arms look heavy! They look like steel versions of bmw control arms...

Steering rack tie rods are longer then I assume?

They?re really not that heavy. I?ll do a comparison once I get the old ones off the car. The end with the ball joint is a lot longer and of a different design. They are the same part nr as the ones on the Volvo 850. I'm not sure if the tie rods themselves are a different length, although I bought new ones anyway (for a 960), can't hurt to change them after almost 30 years and 300.000km.

Oh, that's not too bad, then! That's pretty cool. I actually think that's a pretty smart system to keep some of the cars I see on the road here in the US, off the road, some of my cars included :rofl:

But I can respect that. I've always respected the amount of work it takes to make something look like it came from the factory that way, but it's not the life for me. Your swaps on this car look incredibly clean. I can't wait to see what's next, as I've been eagerly lurking on this thread for months haha.

Haha yes I remember that from when I was in the states for a while, a good mix of nicely maintaned stuff to absolute death traps on the road. I prefer the system in the Netherlands over Germany. There your car has to go for a yearly check too, but they just check all safety related things and lights etc (and exhaust gasses but as long as it's within limits you can do whatever you want).

What a project! Keep it up :)

Thanks!

Should be a blast to hear and see once it's finished. Will you go all out with the exhausts and have angry neighbours?

Definitely, it'll be as load as I can legally get away with. Maybe add some valves in there that'll bypass a muffler when opened.
In other news, been busy lately with restoring old bits for the front suspension so I can mount everything in 1 go, finished the design for the rear caliper adapters and a plate that?ll space out the hand brake shoes so they sit correctly in the drum of the S60R disc. Also finished 1 of the front adapters for the Cayenne calipers. Decided to mount the front adapters by tapping M14x1.5 (fine thread M14) in the holes on the knuckles. The holes are 12.5mm, which is the exact size you?d need for M14x1.5. I like having a thicker bolt holding them to the knuckles. There is more than enough metal there for this.

ppOdnfs.jpg

mWJB5wc.jpg

vR2TYuk.jpg

B08PVCA.jpg

7ndFkB7.jpg

rI4zy03.jpg

mvRgZaI.jpg

tJDG69w.jpg

MZb78Ac.jpg

zvt1jFT.jpg

ciL9WSN.jpg

PYxNQE2.jpg

The handbrake is finally finished. Mounted the plates that offset the pads to the correct position. I also had to modify the brackets that hold the 2 brake cables that go to each side. They had to be extended further towards the back of the car because the diff mounts are in the way.

R3QYkh6.jpg

yc35psa.jpg

NjiA5nL.jpg

7qAVg45.jpg

ESJ4H2x.jpg

aL43buo.jpg

BX71EgP.jpg

Thanks! Started collecting parts for the intake manifold. I'll be using 3 sets of Suzuki GSXR1000 ITB's. I had to modify the original manifold (which isn't fantastic) because the TB's didn't fit, so might as well make it an improvement. It'll save a bunch of weight too, the stock intake is about 20kg.

nkdRa4e.jpg

Make sure you use a balance manifold (with max ID, eg 1/2") on the engine side of the plates, like every single car-OEM does (M BMW, Toyota 4AGE, Nissan R3(2/3/4) GTR, Nissan GTiR Pulsar, etc). Will make your life a LOT easier later, trust me. This is my bag, baby.

Note, running tubes from each runner to some remote reservoir achieves the opposite effect and is not a winner.

Pipe dream for now, still haven't finished scrapping the hulk of the 750i it is from, and the 244 is likely to get a stock B234F on a custom mount first, anyway. All in good time :-) My next superlative purchase is likely to be a 90s MC22 spinning 20k RPM, just because :-) /end threadjack. On with the V12 insanity and motivational diff/IRS material.

happy new year! got any more of them updates? PLEASE dont let this project/thread die!!

Thanks, you too! No updates yet unfortunately. Didn't have time and it has rained now for the past 3 months straight... Working on modifying my garage so I can park it inside and work on it there. To be continued :)

Amazing looking project.

I love my 722.6 transmission (don't forget to install a new pressure control valve spring and conductor plate before hitting the road).

Back