• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Fuel Tank Thickness

mikep

Vintage Ride
Ken made a comment somewhere about fuel pump whine with an aftermarket tank.
I needed one, and rock auto listed 3.
Liland Global $132, listed wrong height (all 3 used differing nomenclature)
Spectra $172, aplication for a 1992 “carburetor”. Listed on autozone as 25lbs (with box?)
Dorman VL1B, out of stock, $? Listed on autozone as 18.25lb.
That left me with one “real” option:
Use a volvo tank. Save your old one if it can be cleaned. I am about to return this Liland Global.
16.5lbs .035” steel with a 60mm deep sump vs 22lb .052” steel with a 115mm deep sump for the volvo.
Guaranteed to be noisy, lose pressure in hard turns under 3/4 tank, and leak in a wreck.
Maybe i’ll try a different one. I doubt they’ll go look at the sump or weigh it for me.

I have a spectra tank with a single dw200 pump inside. I can't compare the noise to the factory parts, but it was quieter than the stock inline pump and IPD "upgrade" in tank pump what I had before the original tank rusted through.

I have a spectra tank with a single dw200 pump inside. I can't compare the noise to the factory parts, but it was quieter than the stock inline pump and IPD "upgrade" in tank pump what I had before the original tank rusted through.

I'm using the same tank, but using a 450LPH pump, and it's pretty darn quiet.

The SUMP height difference is definitely noticeable though. It's on the drift car and anything less than 1/2 tank and it'll fuel starve when getting rowdy.
I guess it's time to install a fuel surge tank.

Back