• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Supercharged B230F 2006-21 bump

Agrajag9

I'm getting another 240 from 1990 soon and want to supercharge this one. Has anybody done this before, and would someone be willing to write up some sort of document about how one would go about doing this?

Agrajag9 said:
I'm getting another 240 from 1990 soon and want to supercharge this one. Has anybody done this before, and would someone be willing to write up some sort of document about how one would go about doing this?

yes. theres a writeup and pics floating around about it.

A guy in the VCOV has done this with a Toyota SC in a 1988 B230F 240 with an M47.
It uses largely Volvo 740T and Saab 9000T plumbing and elbows, etc and runs a RRFPR on stock ecu.
3-4psi of boost, set conservatively, and gives a reliable 50% increase in power at the rear wheels.

I think I have some pics.
email me or PM if interested. My webspace with my ISP is full and I cant upload anymore.

ashvolvo said:
A guy in the VCOV has done this with a Toyota SC in a 1988 B230F 240 with an M47.
It uses largely Volvo 740T and Saab 9000T plumbing and elbows, etc and runs a RRFPR on stock ecu.
3-4psi of boost, set conservatively, and gives a reliable 50% increase in power at the rear wheels.

I think I have some pics.
email me or PM if interested. My webspace with my ISP is full and I cant upload anymore.

I want to see these pics. I can upload them for you. You know my email ;-)

I have an Eaton M90 from a Supercoupe Thunderbird available in fair conditon. It has the solid coupler, not the floppy rubber thing that needs replacing. The Eaton website has some good details.

I broke my camera, but I can probably hit my housemate up for his tomorow. I think incl. UPS ground(about a week) shiping to MD, about 170. TB special:)

the charger spins free, has its own oil sump with oil that aint bad in it, and you will need to fab a new lid or get one of the screwy F0rd connector pipes...most likely custom will work best from a plumbing standpoint.

it is about like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EATO...061108082QQcategoryZ33741QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

OK, here are the pics of the supercharged 240, as promised. They're not ideal, but you get the idea.

240sc1ED.jpg

240sc3ED.jpg

240sc5ED.jpg

240sc7ED.jpg

Im about to do this.. Anyone here done a eaton m90 b230f?

If my memory serves me right, someone was trying to do that on a marine B230. Don't think that particular user ever posted images of the finished project.

It's certainly doable, but there's obviously no off-the-shelf intakes to make that conversion work.

If my memory serves me right, someone was trying to do that on a marine B230. Don't think that particular user ever posted images of the finished project.

It's certainly doable, but there's obviously no off-the-shelf intakes to make that conversion work.

I put a bunch of thought into where I would put an M45 or M62 supercharger in a 240 engine bay. The best spot is where the AC compressor sits (you have to remove the bracket). I also ended up with some difficulty fitting a power steering pump. It would have to move to the opposite side of the engine above the exhaust or you would have to convert to electric power or manual steering.

I also tried to figure out how to mount it on the exhaust side. The slant of the engine doesn't give enough room without making the tubing going into the supercharger rather low profile. It would also be necessary to get the belts right. My biggest concern was either converting to a serpentine belt or how to get enough belt wrap with a V belt to minimize losses to slipping.

Last edited:
Back