• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Just another B234FT Conversion..

Exactly the same spot i took the very first picture of this Thread 10 years ago, shortly before i started the 16v Conversion.

Harbour Hamburg Harburg :) Not that Harbour the world knows about.. the smaller one a bit south.

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

driving that car went good so far.. no big problems yet, although i had friday errorcode 1-4-3 on p6 which was resetet and never came back.. it was during a harsh overtake.. maybe the lh got a hiccup with the knocksensor.

Also i had som fiddling with the tensioner again.. the second rollerbearing got squeeky and really hot again, so i loosened the belt again a bit more until it is almost possible to bend it 90? on the longest bit between two parts. The bearing also lost some grease.. better I am going to replace it.

@yoshifab? is that second roller in your kit self machined with a NSK Bearing in it?

/edit

it seems my webspace is blocking all the pics.. will get that fixed asap

Blocked through my work computer using an HTTPS connection. They work fine with HTTP. Handy doesn't care; displays them fine on either.

Make your hyperlinks through a secure connection!

Hi :)

Nah not really just drove all year long and it was a blast. Did at least 3500km on it and just lost a turnsignal in the front @ 220km/h and above ;)

It just works and runs great.

right now i`m planning on installing and building a twinscrollheader together with maxxecu.

i will keep you updated with progress asap :)

Great looking wagon. Would like to do a DOHC head on a red block myself, the heads are just too much $$ now and getting more rare.

Very nice to see you stuck with the project and got it done! :nod: Your engine bay looks great! What will be the next step?

Best Regards from Dresden. :)

ludi

You shipping to the US? Would love a 16v head on my 93 wagon

Hey, when you want to pay the shipping which will be not that cheap, why not.. i believe it is not alot more complicated than shipping the head to my neighbour :D

Just send me a PM.. do you want a made head or a piece which needs machining, stems, seats and such?

Hey Ludi, nice to hear from you again.. yeah.. i stuck to this car.. but it also made me get a Glatze i believe :D

Next steps are as said:

Welding a Twinscroll Header for my TurboZentrum HX35 Watercore, Adding 2 ext. wastegates.. (BTW.. i need two similar used quality Wastegates) New ones are expensive as **** o_O

Installing a MaxxECU (Race or Sport.. need to consider which one.. the guy in Sweden says: If you need Knockcontrol, you#ve done very much wrong :D)

Open the Engine to check whats going on inside and install an Aux-Shaft with CAS-Sensor Or Install a CAS 850 Styly from EngdahlMotorsport

Prep the car to get a clearcoat Paintjob

Last edited:
Hey Ludi, nice to hear from you again.. yeah.. i stuck to this car.. but it also made me get a Glatze i believe :D

:rofl: Yes, I?m back in "the game". :)

Next steps are as said:

Welding a Twinscroll Header for my TurboZentrum HX35 Watercore, Adding 2 ext. wastegates.. (BTW.. i need two similar used quality Wastegates) New ones are expensive as **** o_O

Installing a MaxxECU (Race or Sport.. need to consider which one.. the guy in Sweden says: If you need Knockcontrol, you#ve done very much wrong :D)

Open the Engine to check whats going on inside and install an Aux-Shaft with CAS-Sensor Or Install a CAS 850 Styly from EngdahlMotorsport

Sounds like a serious setup. I guess you already bought the turbocharger, right? Otherwise I would have recommended something more modern. But this will work just fine.

Best Regards, ludi

My local 16v buddy has bought an EFR sized for the 16v 2.3l flow.. it did cost 2500?.. my Holset 730 :D It will see many many AntiLag Balleraction sessions.. so better take the holset for the BorgWarner ?? :D i dont think the EFR likes Antilag this much? O.O

The turbochargers from Borgwarner, especially the EFR series, are very good units. But they require a lot of installation space and are very expensive. I'm talking more about the Garrett GTX Gen2 series or the G25/G30 series from Garrett. Very robust, compact and powerful. Price wise there are many good used ones from the GTX series on Ebay classifieds. The HX35 turbochargers are very large in my view for their maximum power. They are also very old. My Garrett GTX2867R Gen2 in my other project car also cost 700? and reaches 400-450HP without much effort and has already had to endure a few LC-starts. ;)

Best Regards, ludi

Back