• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What Cam for B21 with ITB's

Jussi,

72436173_695491637618382_8440880681160015872_n.jpg

I see your friends at SK engineering know what wtf Im talking about...the plenum goes over it just like that. BINGO!!!

69028320_659730231194523_2395826001448796160_n.jpg

Damn!

Thank you
Hubert

Last edited:

Motorcycle ITB can be pretty expensive. A good set of kehin or mikuni flatsides can run upwards of 2 stacks!(2 grand). And those are just for carbs. I'd think mikunis or something of that nature would co$t.

You can buy R1 throttles off an early 2000 bike for less than 300 on ebay. They're variable venturi and traditional throttle plate. I got a set for $80 CAN a few years back.​

JKsqqRe.png

This leads me to believe the ITB's and stacks can be easily 3d printed. You could print the entire body with injector boss and use metal internals.. (bearings, butterflies, linkage, bronze bushings for the fuel rail mounts, head flanges...). This is a much better bell mouth design to go after in selection. I'd have to take measurements and draw it up then create an .stl file.​

Regards
Hubert
I 3D print my own stacks for my ZS carbs. It works great, although probably not the most scientifically accurate, lol :).

@ Cullberro Yeah I saw that broad azz powerband on the cam for sure!

@dl242gt I know right. Not trying to hijack but between you and I I never said anything about NA :lol:

@broke4speed you'd be surprised and those creations of yours in the right material in pored porcelain can also be plugs for sling casting and finished on a mill and lathe then by hand. Very valuable the 3d printer is.

All I can say to Jussi is damn I'm feeling this sht fo sho....

05021_2.jpg

Feeding one huge drive by wire analog servo controlled throttle body with only direct injector ports with bell mouth stacks with no butterfly inside the plenum would be sweet because it would require no throttle linkage, have no obstruction aft of the large tb and inherently have the potentiometer to feed back to the ECM for the butterflies positional reference. Feed that with the pressure player and run a closed loop system with a MAP based ecu and CBV.

Regards,
Hubert

Last edited:
Hi Jussi,
If you're out there I'm curious about something. Im curious about the valve overlap of the cams your friends use and their ignitions. Are they wasted spark ignitions? And if so what is the valve overlap of the cams they are running with them?

Regards
Hubert

Last edited:
I'd think it would be even more interesting problem to run wasted spark on the T6 with much more than what we'd call a non emission cam meaning one with zero or virtually no valve overlap. I see it as a problem to run it with anything else. If your friends have any thoughts on this please contact me openly or through my pm. I have also posted this question to SK. These things are never discussed in the American phone world. You've been added to my contact list so you can get through for private discussion if you prefer.

Regards
Hubert

Last edited:
Hmm its quiet here. Does anyone else have any bright ideas on the questions I asked about DOHC's with valve overlap and wasted spark ignitions? I get kind of nervous when I'm supposed to be in a forum of volvo and ignition experts and no answers come from questions like this. I'm sure Jussi knows and may not be available. But where is the rest of the +300 peanut gallery that always has something to say??? wats the problem? your American tuning buddies never discussed this with ya? Come on here's your opportunity to talk about something worthwhile since I know you hold all the informative keys here.....

Regards
Hubert

Last edited:
OIP.6DCq51aef5JELCXpYPO-iQHaGs

What's the delay? Dont ask around what I'm talking about if you have a built t6 and are the forum fuel management and wasted spark ignitions expert you should know the answer. You gonna teach me something about my cars right?
Im waiting for you answer not anyone elses... Come on lets get on with it!!!

Regards
Hubert​

Hmm its quiet here. Does anyone else have any bright ideas on the questions I asked about DOHC's with valve overlap and wasted spark ignitions? I get kind of nervous when I'm supposed to be in a forum of volvo and ignition experts and no answers come from questions like this. I'm sure Jussi knows and may not be available. But where is the rest of the +300 peanut gallery that always has something to say??? wats the problem? your American tuning buddies never discussed this with ya? Come on here's your opportunity to talk about something worthwhile since I know you hold all the informative keys here.....

Regards
Hubert

You can read DOHC can you not? Its no problem to start a new thread about it but who has more experience with high performance cams than people with 400 hp NA's Since you decided to come in here can you answer this very important CAM question I have posted in this thread. Im sorry if you dont realize wasted spark ignitions have to consider the cam they run with in multi valve engines in particular the T6 brings much interest .

Please share what you know about it since you are here and do not think its relevant or related to ask someone from Europe whom I'm almost positive would know.

Regards
Hubert

Last edited:
RVOLVOR I assume since you wont touch this and rather post off topic nonsense in the e thread you do not know.....:lol: Talk to me here.....why you avoiding it BRUH!!!!

Thanks for proving my point
Hubert

RVOLVOR I assume since you wont touch this and rather post off topic nonsense in the e thread you do not know.....:lol: Talk to me here.....why you avoiding it BRUH!!!!

Thanks for proving my point
Hubert

Hubert,

All your crying about trolling on here, yet, here you are, trolling. If you ever expect to get any respect on this Forum, start earning it. Is that plain English enough for you, or, do I need to get someone to translate the message?

How is it trolling to ask and expert who tell me I know nothing about these cars or how the ignition works. That is not exactly the definition of trolling u gonna protect him from his own wise mouth? Come on the guys knows something I don't right? So he or his sahibs should be able to answer me. He can ask me any TECHNICAL question he feels. I never see that as trolling . But that isnt what he does is it? You can read just like everybody else. Why you only show up here?

If you want me to remove this very relevant question as it pertains to DOHC engines for your FRIEND its certainly telling but I will do it with no issue.

No reply to a troll is the best approach. I?m over it all.
Besides, some of us are on vacation. I was driving home.

To answer his question, you can use wasted spark on any even-number 4 stroke engine with any overlap. It has been proven by the CVT toyotas and BMWs that run variable timing lift and duration. They crank that overlap in some cases to reduce pumping losses and for high rpm action.

Back to the OP,
My opinion is go with A, B, V, K, whatever you can find. Some other threads have info about newer grinds, and i might try one in a turbo engine. But the big cam companies might be ignoring volvo B engines because we are cheap and we share info. Some of the cams on this forum have really slept around.

Ok, I'll ask. Why as close as possible?
I saw a weber sidedraft on an opel gt before a turbo once, and it went like hell.
I also saw a quadrajet on a porsche 911 feeding a turbo.
Maybe the laws of carb physics have changed since the 70s (the last part is just being stupid, I know the 2 cases I mentioned are not ideal. But they worked very well on non-intercooled cars)

You're 100% right about a float bowl needing to be level.

Webers need to be as close as possible to the cylinders, also if horizontal as horizontal as possible
Fwir

You are wrong, usually they get more torque with longer intake manifolds in f-group rallycars, and this is not hurting the top end power.

Back