• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Classic 240 - Little red light?

holdenjp

Anyone know what the little red dot is for on a 240 classic?
D1E51A6F-8C4C-4A9A-93ED-CF0B87CCC436_zpslpo4ih1z.jpg

I've never seen a classic in person so I thought maybe it was original. There is nothing on the back and I couldn't find anything connected to it when I pulled the parts. Going in the for sale section soon...

I've never seen a classic in person so I thought maybe it was original. There is nothing on the back and I couldn't find anything connected to it when I pulled the parts. Going in the for sale section soon...

It may be an actual Volvo part. I have bought a few 940s that had the factory alarm system installed by the dealer. The system included a red light very much like that one. A Classic I recently parted had Volvo alarm system installed in it and IIRC, it also had a red light like this. I think it was mounted down lower on the left side of the dash.

Is the wood trim salvageable? At the right condition and price I would like to upgrade the Brand New Bertone.

20150316_105517.jpg

It does not look to be perfectly centered, close, but still the appearance of an eyeball sighted, hand drilled hole.

RWC gave you the answer. I had installed one in one of my Volvos a while back. No alarm just a flashing light at night.:) My 88 240 had one installed to the left of the steering column, it had an alarm. I took all of it out.

Thanks, guys. What an odd addition to the car. I didn't notice any wiring actually running to the "light" so who knows.

Back