• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B20 airbox for a '93 +t???

gotboost

contributor
I will soon be +t'ing my 1993 240, and I am putting great emphasis on the job looking as OEM as possible. I have been reading through the forum and weighing my options as far as the airbox goes. I want an OEM looking airbox, not a pod filter...not that there is necessarily anything wrong with that. I'm leaning towards the gutted b21ft airbox, but don't have access to one, as they are getting more difficult to obtain. Has anyone used the airbox off an early 240 with the b20? I have located one for a good price and am leaning that direction if it works reasonably well.

It is a K-Jet car. I assume it will work, but just looking for anyone that has actually installed one.

But that box has the fuel distributor (very chunky piece) mounted on it. How is it going to look OEM if you need do delete/block it off?

16635d1501362054-1975-242-dl-mods-upgrades-dsc_7830.jpg

I think you'd be better off using something that ran L or LH-Jet before, not K-Jet. May be even D-Jet box.

But that box has the fuel distributor (very chunky piece) mounted on it. How is it going to look OEM if you need do delete/block it off?

16635d1501362054-1975-242-dl-mods-upgrades-dsc_7830.jpg

I think you'd be better off using something that ran L or LH-Jet before, not K-Jet. May be even D-Jet box.

I'll have to look into those boxes. I agree I'd have a hole to plug, but maybe not so bad painted black and then scuffed up a bit! Upside is the box was designed to fit a 240 and is located right where I need it to be.

You could probably spray with Plasti-Dip or better yet Dupli-Color Truck Bed Coating. I agree that direct fit in the factory location is a big plus for the look you are after.
A while ago I did the t+ on 240 using just the top half of the 7/9 Turbo air cleaner along with the MAF.

Last edited:
That picture posted by Redwood appears to be the later 140 filter assembly (part # ends in ....44). New ones are still available.

https://www.cvi-automotive.se/en/articles/2.20779.42383/air-filter-asy-140-b20ef-1973

The tab to the side mounts to the flange on the edge of the hood opening. There is a separate mount on the bottom that bolts through a little horizontal section formed on the inner fender wall. Not sure how well that is going to work on a 240.

Back