• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Using T6 injectors with 760/960 MAF? LH2.4

lookforjoe

Making Volvo Parts Fit
300+ Club
Note NA, not for turbo use - I'm using 18lb Bosch ...700 yellows with my LH2.4 conversion (stock 4cyl MAF), at 50psi base pressure. 10.7:1 compression, big valve head, 35/75 cam, 3" intake w/960TB. Rather than retard the timing, I'd like to bring up the fueling to take advantage of the greater timing values. As it is now, it runs way too lean @ part load (15+AFR) & I'm not pushing it at all.

Trying to figure out which injectors work within the 012 & 025 MAF adaptive working range - have people used the 30lb ... 759 red's common to LPT turbo x70's?
Or the 24lb ... 832 pinks from T6's?
As far as I can tell, stock NA 6 cyl injectors are all in the 19-20lb range. I do see that +T's go < 45lb.

Couldn't find a thread that covered the specific correlation between the two MAF's and the cc/lb rating of injectors known to work with...

If 30lb'ers will work, I have those, 24lb'ers I'll have to procure....

Last edited:
Leave stock maf, the 012 also messes with timing..cant remember how but i think it advances a bit. A less but still possibly dumb idea, have you tried just putting the 30lbs in and seeing what happens? I think its too big a jump for lh2.4 to adapt to but youve already got them...and its a better idea than an 012 on na car

Leave stock maf, the 012 also messes with timing..cant remember how but i think it advances a bit. A less but still possibly dumb idea, have you tried just putting the 30lbs in and seeing what happens? I think its too big a jump for lh2.4 to adapt to but youve already got them...and its a better idea than an 012 on na car

If it retarded the timing, that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing... 30lb'ers is a 50% increase - I would think that would fall outside the adaptive range (30ish%?). I don't want to wash my bores with fuel.... I think I'd feel more comfortable experimenting with something in the 24-25lb range like the 832's - that should still fall within the adaptive range for the stock MAF, I think..

It advances im pretty sure. It wont wash bores immediately, that takes time. If its running real rich you will know pretty quickly, just do an ecu reset first. But i do agree 30's are a bit big for stock on a naturally aspirated motor.

Tried this. Actually runs quite well. I tried jacking the fuel pressure to 70psi with the 18.25Lb'ers, and it wasn't happy at all.

Last edited:
Back