• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Remove door/window trim?

VolvoGLT

How do you remove the chrome trim around the doors and windows (see upper part of diagram - pieces 18, 19, 20 and 41, 42, 43)? Are these pieces glued on as I don't see clips in the diagram.

Thanks

Screenshot-2022-09-26-115711.jpg

18 and 19 are bent around so that they clip onto the frame of the door. I removed mine by carefully prying with a flat tip screwdriver around the edges until I could pop them off. #20 you will pry upwards and off, but you need to bend the tabs on either side out. I think you need to remove #20 first to be able to access the bottom portions of 18 and 19. Just be really careful and take your time so you don?t bend the trim.

18 and 19 are bent around so that they clip onto the frame of the door. I removed mine by carefully prying with a flat tip screwdriver around the edges until I could pop them off. #20 you will pry upwards and off, but you need to bend the tabs on either side out. I think you need to remove #20 first to be able to access the bottom portions of 18 and 19. Just be really careful and take your time so you don?t bend the trim.

on top of this be careful with your paint...if possible jacket your tools with electrical tape or something to not scratch things or use special tools

Back