• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What rotors for MB Calipers

Jens.L

Hi

Anyone here who remember which rotors works best with 4-piston MB Brembo calipers?.
The caliper seems to fit fine if i drill up the stock holes to m14

I think i read this here before in some thread that the Mb calipers should work fine on Volvo 7/900?. But i can't find it

Just a test with the stock 287mm rotor on my 1997 Volvo 940

Last edited:
I like the look of this conversion, excuse my ignorance but what car did the callipers come from??

Would be very interested to know if this setup is possible under a 16” wheel

I like the look of this conversion, excuse my ignorance but what car did the callipers come from??

Would be very interested to know if this setup is possible under a 16? wheel

These are from a ML55 AMG. Will be some trial and error if i can get it to work. New brake pads are on the way so after that maybe i can measeure how big rotors i can use

Thanks for that.
This looks like a nice and balanced setup, with a slight increase in caliper stopping power (~10%). Probably no need to even swap out the MC.
Add in the radial change for the larger rotor, and you'll probably be in the 15-20% range over stock. Probably not big enough to drastically change the F/R balance.

Total area for brake calculations with MB caliper is: 4.3 square inches, or 2780mm^2.

That's a smidge larger than the S60R calipers at : 4.1in^2 or 2650mm^2.

Stock single piston 940 calipers (dia 2.25") is: 3.98in^2 or 2565mm^2

Maybe something from the FWD Volvo catalog would work? 302mm from a V70 or the like might get you in the ballpark.

What's the pad selection like for these calipers? I didn't see anything in the Hawk catalog in a quick glance, maybe EBC or something has a more sports oriented pad?

I like this upgrade, especially if it fits under a 16" wheel.

Back