• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 Gauge cluster rebuilder?

JMG

I did search the legacy threads hard for quite awhile and I'm sorry if I missed it, but...
I have a mint/tight/low miles sweetheart '92 744 that I cherish as my daily rush hour sanctuary. However the usual suite of 7/9 series gauge cluster issues are present; speedo, odo inop 99% of the time, tach works but freaks out occasionally and idiot lights coming on and off in random patterns, etc. I'm not going to try and fix it myself however I would be happy as hell to pull it, ship it, and pay someone who is a turbobrickers endorsed gauge cluster rebuilder. I swear I have heard/read about someone on the West coast who does this for a few hundred bucks?? If someone could direct me to this saintly person I would be hugely appreciative.

Thanks for the tips. I will check for bad grounds before I pull the cluster.
I believe I remember a ground near the shifter back when I was disabling the shiftlock. Is that the ground I'm checking? Is there others I should look for??

Thanks for the tips. I will check for bad grounds before I pull the cluster.
I believe I remember a ground near the shifter back when I was disabling the shiftlock. Is that the ground I'm checking? Is there others I should look for??

There are some under the kick panels on both sides I believe. It's the plastic panel under the dash, in front of the doors by your feet.

Back