• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Topside fuel hose 1994 940

slyswede

A critter has been gnawing on one of the larger fuel hoses that are upstream of the fuel pressure regulator on the top side of the engine (not a vacuum hose).

Gas is seeping out of the hose at the tooth marks. I am hoping that I can replace this hose with a generic hose that has an Inner Diameter of 12mm.

Has anyone had any experience doing this or know the name or part #?

Thanks.

Post picture of hose. One hose is a feed line that sends fuel to injectors and one is return line that goes to fuel tank.

If it's the return line (on the fuel pressure regulator, opposite of the vacuum hose) then you can replace it with pretty much any fuel grade hose you can make fit.

Yes and I believe it?s 12mm id (belmetric sells great metric quality hose and hardware) or locally I think that 1/2? (12.7mm) fuel hose works. Volvo might have it for not too much. I went with pressure rated 100psi or so and also used some at the fuel sender.

Hope that helps

A critter has been gnawing on one of the larger fuel hoses that are upstream of the fuel pressure regulator on the top side of the engine (not a vacuum hose).

Gas is seeping out of the hose at the tooth marks. I am hoping that I can replace this hose with a generic hose that has an Inner Diameter of 12mm.

Has anyone had any experience doing this or know the name or part #?

Thanks.

Is the line that is leaking the one that attaches to the fuel rail with a nut or the one that attaches with a spring clip? The line that attaches with the spring clip is the return line to the fuel tank and is low pressure. Any fuel rated hose will work. The other line is high pressure and is actually a smaller plastic line with a rubber cover over it.

Thanks for the tip. The gnawed line that is leaking is attached with a spring clip (apparently return line/ low pressure). I have purchased hose and clips from belmetric so hopefully it won't be hard to replace.

However, I am not sure how the spring clip comes off?

Back