• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SE 9.0 October 1-3

linuxman51

Railspeeder Enthusiast #1
300+ Club
official post and all that ****. I'll start looking for hotels shortly. any price range or was last year decent enough?

As always the tentative plan:
Friday night drags
Saturday dyno day
Saturday afternoon/early evening: cookout and swimming (weather depending)
Party.. location possibly TBD.
Sunday:
Recover/Repair/Depart

Monday:
Sam will have to make the call on a track day, I'm not sure what his schedule is going to look like since he's due to have a kid here in the next like... 5 days.

You will need to bring/provide:
enough clean clothes, towel, pillow, etc
enough money (with an emergency fund) for food, towing, alternate transportation, booze, whatever.
Whatever parts you think your car will break
Money?
Money.

Meet is, as always, being held in Montgomery, AL.
--------------------------
Hotel info
--------------------------
Here's the contact info, also to be posted in the first post in the thread. You can start making reservations Sept. 1.

sleep inn
(334) 356-5400
Group name: Turbobricks

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-montgomery-alabama-AL244?promo=gglocal

People attending:

Kyle (stick70)
Brett (DNAsEqUeNcE)
kahlua240
JohnMc
lile
MikeJr.
towerymt
blkaplan
olov
RoadRacer4Life
Cosmic?
shellshock
propav8r
MikeSr.
coondog240
MrBill
DrvSfly?
boosted_nonv?
500dollarfaggot?
spe1983
Sp3aK
Wren
Clay?
schaff70
chirish1234?
morganpartee
yellow95?
kyote?
MrSam
celicaxx
760T man
Soundmonster
adam
Texas240
940guy
Sir Psycho
PreteristVolvo
llama?
xylopagus?

That's the list I have. ?'s are from people who seemed on the fence.

Timetable:
Thursday night ~5:30pm - depart for Coach's corner from 1237 Hillman Street
8:30pm-9pm - Head over to Donnie's house (address?) from coach's corner.
-Until - return to hotel/wherever.

Friday Morning before 9am - Don't ****ing call me
Friday Morning after 9am - Free for all at 1237, street tuning, hanging out, burgers & dogs on the grille for lunch
Friday afternoon - See above.
Friday evening ~ 5:30pm - depart from 1237 to Drag strip
Friday night ~ 10pm - leave track return to 1237/hotel whatever you want to do. More grilling & B-s'ing.

Saturday morning 9am - Meet at Dyno (see address above for alabama dyno pros) - until
After dyno is done, clean up/change/hang out/swim/etc at 1237
Saturday evening say.. 6pm - Party. Grill again, shens, etc.

Sunday - Depart/repair/relax

Monday - 6am departure from Alabama dyno pros for track day (At least that's the norm. Sam will provide additional direction for this)

Last edited:
See you next year... This year sees me with a new baby in my arms and all. Maybe Jeremy can take the blue car on my behalf (or his) :rofl:

Since I now own a volvo, I will make it down there, and OCTOBER!!! No ac means no worries.

I just hope my girlfriend will come with so she can maybe better understand the volvo love.

78 days remaining for BNE to finish his Toyota axle swap in a 240 and drive it to SE to win the bet. Outlook not so good.

I'm OK with there not being a track day on Monday. I probably can't get off work on the 30th, so I'll likely be leaving from work on the 30th to meet up with the gang at Eamonn's if we go with that plan again. Which means I may drive my daily driver that has cruise and AC and most of it's reliability remaining.

78 days remaining for BNE to finish his Toyota axle swap in a 240 and drive it to SE to win the bet. Outlook not so good.

I'm OK with there not being a track day on Monday. I probably can't get off work on the 30th, so I'll likely be leaving from work on the 30th to meet up with the gang at Eamonn's if we go with that plan again. Which means I may drive my daily driver that has cruise and AC and most of it's reliability remaining.

this may be THE year to ride along.

Back