• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

S40 springs on 240?

940pusher

Does anyone know the specs for s40 springs? I found a guy parting out one with lowering springs and maybe they will fit on a 240.

Sorry late night with alotta research but i see some springs. H&R to be exact ask for spring rates and lengths when ordering springs. So what would be those stock numbers and what would safe parameters be for shorter springs without bottoming out. Lets say on syock Hydras?

What do you do with the car? What are your goals? What's your budget? Are you willing to steal your granny's car to do hoodrat things with your friends?

You can safely cut 4 coils off your stock springs while keeping good quality ride and geometry

When i checked my stock springs one end us seated so the second coil touches the first and the other end is tapered so if i cut it the remaining coils end up wider then where they seat. I was told that means you shouldn't Cy them.

What do you do with the car? What are your goals? What's your budget? Are you willing to steal your granny's car to do hoodrat things with your friends?

I dont do anything at the moment besides chase problems. Eventually i want to do a turbo/manual swap. Lowered a few mods here and there. I guess Awful Wagon is kinda my inspiration here.

I dont do anything at the moment besides chase problems. Eventually i want to do a turbo/manual swap. Lowered a few mods here and there. I guess Awful Wagon is kinda my inspiration here.

Well, don't spend money on lowering the car if it has issues. Get all of the issues/deferred maintenance taken car of then look at upgrades.

A car that is stock and runs and drives is more fun than a car that is modified and doesn't run...:-P

You can safely cut 4 coils off your stock springs while keeping good quality ride and geometry
I'd go full samaritan Zach on you now but I can't stop laughing, so next time...

OP, juat measure some goddamn ID and lenght, eyeball coil thickness and you're golden. Or not.

Well, don't spend money on lowering the car if it has issues. Get all of the issues/deferred maintenance taken car of then look at upgrades.

A car that is stock and runs and drives is more fun than a car that is modified and doesn't run...:-P

Looking for the whole 2 birds 1 stone. Suspension needs refreshing so i was looking to do springs BillyHDs. Then sway bar end links and all associated bushings. Last step panhard bar and wheels and tires. Then worry about boosting swaping and such.

Back