• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1984 245T mLPT B274FT Project

It's great if people like it, but I assume you guys realize how much work that would be, and that this work is paid for by the hour?

And even if I wanted to see someone else driving a copy of my car, which I don't, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for their check to arrive in the mail.

Realistically, if you study the photos a little, I'm not sure that this design could simply be riveted onto a stock body, even if you had molds to work from. It is being crafted to replace body panels, not to sit on top of them.

For example, here's a hole:

170095746.jpg

Needs some cobbling:

170095747.jpg

More cobbling:

170095748.jpg

No more hole:

170095749.jpg

Not sure how that would translate into any kind of a rapidly made mold.

This is turbobricks. You should make the molds and make at least one copy so so buyers can eventually find copies from China for less.
Dave

Right rear is a little more involved because of the gas cap / door. New side skirt waiting on the floor:

170131817.jpg

On the bench, ready to be worked:

170131818.jpg

Marking up filler pocket for removal:

170131819.jpg

Pocket removed and new metal added to center:

170131820.jpg

Pocket back and new metal smoothed in:

170131821.jpg

Finally out for prep and paint

Took only a little longer than expected but I am very happy with the work. Cody is an amazing artist and I am grateful that he agreed to take on this project. It's outside the parameters of his normal portfolio (traditional hot rods and customs) but like all cool guys, he digs longroofs.

Got the car loaded up and delivered to the body shop yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdRfvJP4kWs

Back