• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Just another B234FT Conversion..

MadDog_945

Våga Vägra 8V
Its a Volvo 945 with everything included except automatic clock setting :D I bought it back in 2005 during my job training at Telekom :) So.. its my Baby and i experienced a lot of funney and curious things with this car and my buddies :)

Thats what it looks like..

Bild%20001.jpg

Bild%20003.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

Bild%20006.jpg

I started the 16v build anywhere in 2008

But @ first i broke my tranny so i swapped to M90

PICT2172.JPG

PICT2175.JPG

PICT2192.JPG

Also on this pic you can see my 3" Turboback Ferrita Exhaust...

Next time i refinish a gearbox it will be silver ;)

Yeah.. nothing interesting happened for long time except for e85 conversion with 012AMM and chips for that

Then i accidently got rich for a short time..... ... and this is where it starts ;)

A list of what you'll find in that block

Internals:

- B230FT Block w/o Squirters bore 96,3mm (bored and honed to 1st OS)
- SPM 16v forged pistons 39mm Deckheight
- SPM 152mm H-Shaft rods
- SPM HiFlow internal Oilpump

Externals:

- Exhaust Adapterkit YoshiFab
- B234F Intake
- Siemens DEKA 630cc Injectors (850cc when running e85)
- 012LMM from 960I 3L
- ThrottleBody from 960 3L (80mm)
- Yoshifab Beltdrivekit
- T3T70 Chinabay int gated... later with TwinScroll Header and HX40Super
- 3" Ferrita
- self programmed via Ostrich from 3 ECUs later with MS3, VEMS or similar...

SPM Motorpr0nz ;)
MD000671.JPG

HiGloss Ashtins
MD000669.JPG

served...
MD000657.JPG

problems occured
crankedvalves2.jpg

2 + 3 looked like this but 1 + 4 didn't looked rly bett0r

valves in closed state shouldn't look like this.. ..I fear air is thicker than light :D
crankedvalves1.jpg

So back to phone calling SPM again..
Bild002.jpg

finally lapped in.. man.. i cant feel my arms anymore :nod:
Bild003.jpg

16v2.jpg

18T
16v4.jpg

sandblasted...
MD000631.JPG

630cc injectors (running in my 8v this time)
MD000641.JPG

Timeshifting... (test my Dremel :D)
kanaelepolieren1.jpg

kopp_offen2.jpg

012er AMM
MD000644.JPG

all valves back in again.. needed 3h and a gallon of beer for me and my buddie ;)
16vassemble001.jpg

16vassemble002.jpg

16vassemble003.jpg

aaaah.. was sitting there just smokin'n lookin @
16vassemble004.jpg

Last edited:
At First ill try with lh2.4 with ECU and ezk from sweden matching this setup Running e85. The Guy from the Shop told me it should Be good for 330hp... Hmm we'll See. But i think Short for Long ill go with megasquirt.. But thatskinda Tricky here in .de

The block is now at teh machine shop for bore it up to 1st oversize 96,3..

The guy said hell finish it until friday.. till then ill do some sandblasting and painting jobs to motormounts and stuff.. :)

t 2 small?

That is a small turbo for that motor.. I did a b234ft with a regal t type turbo on it, but i guess its all in what you plan to do with the car. Id suggest a t3/t4 with a 54 trim to4e wheel on cold side and a 13 degree clip, or less (but you need to clip it ) on the hot t3 side. That can make in upwards of 400 whp to start, and spool up is incredible, due to the big cold wheel pushing the small hot wheel immediately.. Everything else looks awesome! Cant wait to see some video footage of that monster!

Kris Weldy

Last edited:
That is a small turbo for that motor.. I did a b234ft with a regal t type turbo on it, but i guess its all in what you plan to do with the car. Id suggest a t3/t4 with a 54 trim to4e wheel on cold side and a 13 degree clip, or less (but you need to clip it ) on the hot t3 side. That can make in upwards of 400 whp to start, and spool up is incredible, due to the big cold wheel pushing the small hot wheel immediately.. Everything else looks awesome! Cant wait to see some video footage of that monster!

Kris Weldy

That a pretty random suggestion for a turbo. There are more appropriate compressor wheels and suggesting a clip on a brand new turbo is rediculous. Why not get the size wheel/housing you want if you are out turbo shopping. I suspect/hope that turbo is on there for mockup purposes only.

what cam gears are those?

and are you trying to get full boost while ideling? that turbo is way too small.

That Turbo is used in T5-Rs.. which flows considerably more air than a mostly unported 16v Head we'll see how it works ;) Dont forget that i'll run this on LH2.4 @ first

Flowchart MHI 18T
td04h-18t-cfm.gif

Above i mentioned using a Holset HX35W later when i have an edaquate exhaust header for using external WG n'stuff
What turbo would you suggest?

Anyway.. 1st goal will be to get that motor in my brick and smogtested which is comparable in germany with getting an audience with Mrs. Merkel herself ;)

The Cam-Gears you can find @ klracing.se bought them this year Vallokra for a very nice price together with ARP Headstuds, heatwrap and a nice factory fitting IC..

that one
D3-1F3.jpg

@ Turbosteen, yep.. just send me some pics please just to determine theres no missunderstanding.. cause i could swear your brother told me its the beltdrivegear which is for sell? uhm? :D

Last edited:
Back