• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Globex Corp presents: 255

Sorry fella's, was out fishing. OK so here's the latest:

The short block is done except for machining the windows in the crankcase. They are still doing that for me. Working on the head now. I have to check in and see how that's going.

I have eventually a set of the Gaz coilovers from Yoshifab coming

I had a body shop lined up to paint the wagon, (that's the real main hold up right now) but they are being a bit squirrely.

Namely the main problem has been cash flow. From November of 2014 - June 2015 every month was our best month and it was great. Then July it faltered, then Aug-Sept-October were not only my worst months ever, I went 9 weeks once with out a single transaction.

But we also launched some new products that hit in late October and it's been turning things around so clawing out. Joy's of self employment. We're actually doing a major launch for NAMM 2017 so skipping this years show. That should free up about 30k LOL.

So situation normal- just looking for a body shop.

Hmm, I wonder if Bill needs cabinets at the shop once they have the paint booth lined up? They are finally starting to get some of their own backlog out of the way. I'll inquire next time I talk to him, just for kicks.

Hmm, I wonder if Bill needs cabinets at the shop once they have the paint booth lined up? They are finally starting to get some of their own backlog out of the way. I'll inquire next time I talk to him, just for kicks.

Wouldn't hurt to ask.

I have a body shop in Lodi interested (in a trade too) but he keeps saying he wants to come up and see the car. I keep telling him I'll bring it to him to see it but he insists it's to much hassle for me. It's really not, I own the f'ing trailer. Maybe I'll do that next week.

Wouldn't hurt to ask.

I have a body shop in Lodi interested (in a trade too) but he keeps saying he wants to come up and see the car. I keep telling him I'll bring it to him to see it but he insists it's to much hassle for me. It's really not, I own the f'ing trailer. Maybe I'll do that next week.

But then your car might be stuck in lodi, again.

Doug wth....?

I know. :*(

Here's where I've been at. The car is stuck waiting for paint. We know that. Unfortunately the business keeps sucking up the few opportunities I've had where I could afford the next step. First I had the lawsuit with Gibson (which we won). Then had some other events. Launching something major next year which should be a game changer for us but to do it, I just wrote a 30k check for an automated UV Curing booth. It's been sucky.

But the head should almost be done at the machine shop. Blocks been done. I could probably start putting the motor together pretty soon, at least feel like I'm doing something there. Just between the kids and work and life in general just haven't really had a chance to do it. Also, of the three body shops on my block here only one seemed marginally interested in painting the car. :roll:

You better hurry up on this thing, or you are going to have to change the thread title to "Globex Corp presents: 255 My son's first car/drive the kids soccer team to practice Hauler"

You better hurry up on this thing, or you are going to have to change the thread title to "Globex Corp presents: 255 My son's first car/drive the kids soccer team to practice Hauler"

LOL that has become the new running joke. The other problem right now is its getting damn old putting kids in the back of my c30 every day. Been eying that new new xc90 hard.

Back