• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

School me on 780s

The 780 was intended to have a twin turbo V6 but the engine bay was too small to shed all the heat produced.

WOT???

I?ve had three 780s, ( plus parted out a few others for all the hard to find bits to keep as spares) Converted an 88 B280 to a b230ft......then transplanted a B230 lh2.4 into an LH2.2 .....etc...Plus I think I still have two complete B230 lh2.4 780 wiring kits....( each weighs about 30lbs!😳)
Great car to drive and just eccentric enough to stand out in a sea of jelly bean SUVs.

Currently running a 91 780 with M90 and a 960 rear end. Great car for long drives.

There might be a chance that I will end up with a 780 that I have owned three times. The radiator broke and he didn’t notice the pegged temp gauge. Autopsy scheduled for tomorrow.

The radiator is a after market part. The fitting for the coolant tank broke. This one threaded in. Checked compression and all was ok. My brain was working over time on how to trade him out of it if the motor was fried. Rats. Maybe next time-

Back