• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vintage Volvo 140 Driver Door Stuck

CRatcliff

Hey all!

The door on my 140 seems like it has an insane amount of friction at the 2 stop points when I'm trying to close it. Like, to the point where I feel like I'm going to break the door trying to force it closed. I have to slam it to close it. I greased the arm and the spring, but no luck. Any advice? Is there a method I'm missing?

Try removing the door stop strap. It's only held to the "A" pillar with 1 bolt and then you have to snake the end of the strap off of the spring all of which can be done without going inside the door.

If this is the problem, new ones are still available. And if you leave it off don't forget to keep the door from swinging all the open as it will damage your door trim.

If you need a striker assembly, I've got some that were removed from a '72 144E or 145S.
Have some hinges too.

Yours for shipping from 06468 (CT).

Inside the door the thing the stop strap rides on is a roller. If it seizes up from lack of lubrication the friction on the strap goes way up.

Ohh okay I'll check the roller as well. Just pulled out the strap and there were a couple pebbles trapped in the grease. Cleaned those out and switched to some oil instead of grease and it's a million times better!

Back