• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

V!da D!ce???

HRPufNStuf

Looking to order one of these from China.
Anyone know if the laptop required to use this system needs an integrated dvd and/or are there any other requirements needed on the laptop other than Windows 7 pro 32 /64 bit and IE8/9?
Searching the local craigs list for a suitable cheap laptop, so dont want to waste money on a useless laptop.....been an Apple shiner for last 5 years, so dont remember much about laptops.
Patrick

Needs at least 120 gigs of HD. I have an old laptop that I attempted to install it on, but that one only had 80g drive and it stopped installation.

Vida doesn't take that much room, but it requires 120 gigs to install....

Selling a laptop preloaded with a working version of Vida is a great idea. If you're not a compuker whizz, just buy that! Hell, if you can, get a Dice unit from this guy too!

I bought a nice refurb laptop, then bought the Dice/software from Digitial Life 354797. The guy has a good rep on SS, but getting Vida installed was tricky and required Darius to remotely connect to work out the kinks. Darius is in Lithuania, so getting the whole rig up and running wasn't instantaneous, however the system works as it should. I think the David Leach route is the way of the future.

He usually keeps some ready to go, but ran out when I bought mine. He sent me a link to the supplier he uses. All in all, computer was set up by him, got the Dice off eBay. Worked seemlessly. The only caveat is that you CANNOT hook the machine back up to the internet or all is lost. No biggie for me as it stays in my roll around. Just don't expect a dual use computer. He did offer a dual boot, but I didn't want to risk it.

Bought my Dice from the guy in Lithuania as well, came with 2 options to set it up depending on your OS, along with instructions. Install took a little bit, emailed the guy with a couple questions, got a response and it was live, been awesome since.

One of his included options was a setup with a VM so you can run it on a W10 laptop, which is what my tuner box is. VM runs completely fine on there.

He usually keeps some ready to go, but ran out when I bought mine. He sent me a link to the supplier he uses. All in all, computer was set up by him, got the Dice off eBay. Worked seemlessly. The only caveat is that you CANNOT hook the machine back up to the internet or all is lost. No biggie for me as it stays in my roll around. Just don't expect a dual use computer. He did offer a dual boot, but I didn't want to risk it.

I assume that has something to do with VIDA updates and security? I use mine on the internet no problem. Being able to do so is a big plus. Remember, if you ever need remote assistance on VIDA, you're going to need a connection...

I assume that has something to do with VIDA updates and security? I use mine on the internet no problem. Being able to do so is a big plus. Remember, if you ever need remote assistance on VIDA, you're going to need a connection...

I do believe it was more to keep Microsoft from trying to update IE. The way the file came to me was an IE link. I do t know much more than that except it works.i ha e other devices for for surfing.

Thanks all....im in contact with Dave now.
I had a new version of vad!s 2012 a few years back that i could never get to install....not looking for the same painful experience again.
Patrick

My vadis died in Feb 2017. It was only used for parts and service info lookup. I haven't gotten vida because I really just want parts and service for their obsolete rwd cars. lol. If there is another date hack for vida that would be helpful. Please let me know.

Same here. I use a Windows 98 machine but it is connected to the internet.

My vadis died in Feb 2017. It was only used for parts and service info lookup. I haven't gotten vida because I really just want parts and service for their obsolete rwd cars. lol. If there is another date hack for vida that would be helpful. Please let me know.

I have VADIS and VIDA for same reason. I'm using "RunAsDate" to pass a different date to VADIS so it will run.

Download RunAsDate and configure as follows:

dd643370776953fbba5c8473a246fbcb08adff6d.png

Run VADIS via the shortcut you've created.

Back