• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Momo hub adapter steering wheel column problems

Rat Dangerous

I have a 1994 940 wagon and recently installed a momo hub and adapter. ever since installation my steering column makes a scraping sound when turning. The bolt was torqued to proper spec and its bugging me. It sounds like its coming from near the hub.

Its probably just rubbing the plastic cover. pretty typical. Mine did that also. but I haven't noticed it in a few years. check where its rubbin.

It could be the groudning pin that makes contact with the horn ring. A little bit of grease on that surface could help if that's the case.

Hope you figure it out.

Is this the 9011 hub adaptor? I need to get one for the 91 745 - just checking that that is the correct adaptor

I have a 1994 940 wagon and recently installed a momo hub and adapter. ever since installation my steering column makes a scraping sound when turning. The bolt was torqued to proper spec and its bugging me. It sounds like its coming from near the hub.

Hey, did you ever solve your problem? I just started my new momo wheel install using the momo (9011) adapter and it doesn't seem to fit correctly. The spline is correct but that black plastic ring that accepts the stock wheels spring loaded horn pin does not line up with the 9011. I can cut the black plastic sticking out and that might work but I'm reluctant to make any irreversible changes yet.

This is my setup. 1995 940 turbo.

Attachments

• 20210411_050743.jpg
    20210411_050743.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 20210411_050802.jpg
    20210411_050802.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 179
im pretty sure that black ring gets removed.

Ah, I was thinking of that or just trimming it to fit because the orange SRS wire is also still in the way. Do you happen to have any idea how to properly remove it before I just rip it out gorilla style? lol. Thanks.

There is still rubbing that I never fixed yet, but also mine did not have the black ring so it has been installed since. The rubbing is no problem as of now very minor

There is still rubbing that I never fixed yet, but also mine did not have the black ring so it has been installed since. The rubbing is no problem as of now very minor

That's weird, we basically have the same car 1 year apart. Volvo and their weird manufacturing practices! lol. My year didn't even have a turbo badge or gauge. But Did you try spraying dry silicone or something all up in the mechanism? Maybe some dielectric grease. I'm going to try to cut out the black plastic spin ring.

Thinking about it, my air bag wire (orange) is connected to that black ring. How is it on previous (or alternate) years? Unless it's separate and just looks that way?

If you are just removing the SRS bulb vs. putting a resistor in the airbag connector to fool the system, you can cut out the contact reel (clock spring) portion & just keep the horn contact component. Since you didn't lock the spool when you removed the wheel to prevent it unwinding, it's prolly ****ed anyway.

If you are just removing the SRS bulb vs. putting a resistor in the airbag connector to fool the system, you can cut out the contact reel (clock spring) portion & just keep the horn contact component. Since you didn't lock the spool when you removed the wheel to prevent it unwinding, it's prolly ****ed anyway.

I actually held it before it fully unwound and then rewound it a few turns. I just guessed basically but it seems I got the "clock spring" in a good enough position. It only makes noise on a full lock to the left so it's just off by a little. Plus it has some slack factored in I'm guessing. Also the momo adapter works with the black ring in place. I only had to trim the tallest piece sticking out. (I clipped it with tin sheers) but I will have to do something about that SRS light. Do you know which resistor I need? (Ofcourse I'll search it) but pulling the bulb seems just as easy. Thanks for the advice.

I actually held it before it fully unwound and then rewound it a few turns. I just guessed basically but it seems I got the "clock spring" in a good enough position. It only makes noise on a full lock to the left so it's just off by a little. Plus it has some slack factored in I'm guessing. Also the momo adapter works with the black ring in place. I only had to trim the tallest piece sticking out. (I clipped it with tin sheers) but I will have to do something about that SRS light. Do you know which resistor I need? (Ofcourse I'll search it) but pulling the bulb seems just as easy. Thanks for the advice.

1.8/2ohm resistor replaces the airbag resistance, but if the clock spring is damaged, you'll still have the SRS light. ....

Cut the locator tabs off the clock spring, shorten the main stem

PXL-20210420-203701693.jpg

1.8ohm resistor

PXL-20210420-201236974.jpg

I tie-wrapped it to the hub so it won't tangle

PXL-20210420-210223343.jpg

No SRS light

PXL-20210420-210504556.jpg

Back