• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

suspension swap

rmoreaux1

Has anyone replaced the stock front suspension with Fox body Mustang struts and spindles. I drag race my 940 and I am too fast for the stock front suspension and the rear suspension is totally not working anymore either. I have searched forever and I cannot find a drag strut for the front suspension for the Volvo. I am having a hard time finding good brake upgrades too. One guy that sells Big brake kits was updating his design and never got back with me on the adapters. Even then my front end comes up and then has nothing to keep it up since I am on stock struts. My rear is upgraded to an 8.8 and I need to install a 4 link or ladder bar for that. Any info guys. I know I am not the only one to drag race a Volvo. I love beating other cars in my 940 sedan, they can't believe how fast it is. Thanks guys.

If you are looking for old-school shock valving, switch to bilstein strut inserts and have them revalved. Currently a shop in Mooresville NC is doing them.

For the rear, start fabricating. Rally 4-link (long) plus panhard has been done on 240s for sure, i haven’t seen 940 but there in plenty of room to move the pivots to the rear seat area.

Regarding big brakes, they shouldn’t be needed if the stock calipers are working.

Back