• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Worlds strongest B20! Or?

the trottel is on the intercooler if you look at the first pic.

i think it may cool the intercooler when the enging is making intake vacium.

you can also se that the intake flange has tongues that make the air enter the head at a smaler angel to the intak valve and it works with the port to reduse turbulens in the heads SSR that is a problem in this head at hi lift flow.

Last edited:
the trottel is on the intercooler if you look at the first pic.

i think it may cool the intercooler when the enging is making intake vacium.

The airflow distribution looks nice - but I can't see it helping IC cooling, and I can't see it having anything but a negative effect on throttle response. Maybe not a big deal for a drag car I guess...

Am I reading that graph right and the velocities in the red zone is up to 206 meters/second?

If so, then; 206meters = 675 feet.

675 feet....x....1 mile...x...3600 seconds...=...460 miles
1 second......5280 feet..........1 hour.............1 hour

That air is moving up to 460 miles/hour?

it is when all the ports are open at the same time. in the real engine you have only about 1/4 that speed in the 3" pipe.

Am I reading that graph right and the velocities in the red zone is up to 206 meters/second?

If so, then; 206meters = 675 feet.

675 feet....x....1 mile...x...3600 seconds...=...460 miles
1 second......5280 feet..........1 hour.............1 hour

That air is moving up to 460 miles/hour?

it cools the intercooler at part trottel only, it is cooler at the starting line. do you now the termodynamic teori in a refrigreator or a A/C cooler?

the trottel response is werry good in this engine mostly bekose of the cam and smal turbo.

this engine has a very wide power band 3500rpm- 8000rpm so it will work white the powerglide and converter.

sorry for my spelling in my reply. i just spell as it sounds :oops:

The airflow distribution looks nice - but I can't see it helping IC cooling, and I can't see it having anything but a negative effect on throttle response. Maybe not a big deal for a drag car I guess...

Last edited:
There is always cool stuff done on the S?var Turbo site.

About the cooling effect on the intercooler: pressure and temperature of a gas is definitely linked, pV=nRT, so T=pV/nR. So as pressure goes down, so does T. Of course the n is changing as well, but i can see it possibly having an effect at part throttle.

Do you have a temperature sensor in there?

Last edited:
uppdate! 10.81 on low boost http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDfYKMoheWc&fmt=22

dsc_7491.jpg

dsc_7499.jpg

fler p? http://race.ulkhyvlers.net/ nu...

man that thing is so backyard built, yet amazing.

I love how that thing is trying so hard to spin the tires to do a burnout lol. Still love the car though :)

yes it is not a chow car :) its all about going fast and having fun (to much work on customers cars to make my own car look god.

spring race this year... 60 fot 1.45 , 6.61 1/8 , 10.38 1/4 not that exakt run but a similar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWQ6C58xLbc 460 hp/30psi.

new engine and a race this weekend. try to go faster and make the suspension work better.

new engine data...

92mm borr and old B21A pistons. stock crank.

7.8:1 CR

B23A M-rods

+10cfm more flow (185cfm)

STS/AGAP custom camshaft (248/0.05" and 110nock, installed at 105deg), push-rods, springs and lifters and titanium retaners.

VEMS EMS and 4x 1680cc/45psi injektors .

custom HOLSET HX40 ind 57mm/ 65mm/#16 .

not dyno tested yet but it make more power than the old 30psi engine at 27psi boost.

/jens gustavsson savarturbo.se

Last edited:
Congratulations Jens! I have learned so much by reading posts on Turbobricks and Savarturbo. I hope you break into the 9's.

Mike

Back