• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ps and alternator on intake side -- can it be done?

makebrickgovroom

ive spent a while looking around at solutions for this -- is it possible? it'd be really nice to not fry my new alternator or pump. i've seen some ideas thrown around, but nothing that is a definitely yes or definitely no. would pn 9146215 work with some minor mods, or would a b234f (pn unknown) be a better bet to chop up?

i wouldn't be too upset if i had to ditch my pump to keep my alt cool, either. how terrible is it to loop lines on a ps rack and not run a pump?

yes, without air conditioning. You would need to get creative with brackets but I don't see why not.

yes, without air conditioning. You would need to get creative with brackets but I don't see why not.

ac is long gone, and I don't really plan on adding it anytime soon, so that should be a-ok. you think using a remote reservoir ps pump would make the fitment a little easier?

Perhaps, in it's existing location, there is enough space for a heat shield of some kind?

not a bad idea, but i do want the extra space for a turbo header eventually. i'm also terrible at fabrication and i wouldn't imagine my attempt would be effective. If its easier than hacking up a bracket I may entertain this further.

You can take a bracket from a 740 with air and make it work on the cold side (some mods required).

Back