• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

No Start

grumpy dad

Hi
I am in England
1996 LPT no start

the car has been parked for about 6 months
went to start it dash lights not come on flat battery
but i did turn the key
charge battery in the car
dash lights come on and it cranks but still no start
rev counter not moving spray starter fluid down in take nothing
so probably no spark

take fuel pipe of at injectors no fuel at pipe fuel pump relay click but do not hear prime

so no spark and no fuel
it has a Volvo alarm on it but i did not get the key fob remote thing with the car but got a fat key
any idea's

Thanks

I would do some testing with a test light to see if you are getting power to the ignition coil, ignition amp, and injectors. If you aren't getting power there then no spark and no fuel if you don't have spark first. If you don't have power It could be a bad radio suppression relay or the alarm.

Hi update

today i swapped the radio suppression relay I think
it was on the wing at the front with round pins
I have another 940 of the same year
so i know it was ok

I had a poke round with a meter and i have no power at the coil
either side on the working car there is power on both sides
were do i go now

Thanks

No switched power means you need to test the ignition switch for turning on the radio suppression relay and the coil. Don't forget to check for any blown fuses.

Hi
up date from the blue wire on the coil I put power from the battery
turned key no fuel and no tick of the rev counter
any idea what next ?

Thanks

Use the test light and see if there is a trigger signal to the power stage. The trigger signal comes from the EZK computer and the ignition amp fires the coil when triggered. So if there is an input to the power stage then the problem is the power stage or after. If there is no input to the ignition amp then it's the computer, rpm sensor or wiring before the ignition amp. Power stage and ignition amp are the same thing.

Back