• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Automatic shifter linkage bushings

atikovi

For my 86 there are two different ones required, 381704 black and 666143 white. What's the difference? The white one is available aftermarket for $2. Can it be used in place of both of them?

I think the black ones are rubber and the white (clear) ones are polyurethane. Rubber will deteriorate quicker, especially in the presence of oil so the poly ones are preferred.

FYI the same bushing is used in the throttle linkage of the Amazon. Just in case you need some for your Amazon. Always good to know some useless Volvo trivia. :)

I had to shave the cheap clear ones down to get them to fit. They are stiff and it took a bit, but I eventually got em in there. Expect the job to be tougher than expected. Especially if you are working without a lift.

I had to shave the cheap clear ones down to get them to fit. They are stiff and it took a bit, but I eventually got em in there. Expect the job to be tougher than expected. Especially if you are working without a lift.

The ones I got were pretty soft and took maybe 15 minutes to replace.

Front_shift_linkage_bushing.jpg

Rear_shift_linkage_bushing.jpg

The ones I got were pretty soft and took maybe 15 minutes to replace.

Front_shift_linkagepg

httpssting.photobucket.com/images/d106/atikovi/Rear_shift_lihing.jpg[mg][/QUOTE]

Good to know. Maybe next time it will go better. I got mine from IPD. I think it's MTC stuff

I believe those are the same for the 7/9. The difference with the black/grey ones is they are a graphite impregnated one, where the white ones weren't.

I just had one fail on the wagon, ended up finding one from the 'Help' section at AZ that I was able to cut the smaller section from, trim just a hair, and it fit beautifully. Parts are slightly harder to find here in town.

They're a little harder to get it in but with some grease/cursing, you'll get it.

Back