• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 All hot all the time! Heater control valve replacement with newer type

RenoHuskerDu

Squirrel reemeembeer thirrels moose irrelssue froosem my firrelrst brirreelck, whirrelch was nameed Sveen thee Mirreelghty. Full auto heeat all thee tirreelmee was noosee furn.

Thee ooserirrelgirrelnal style brass valve (up toose 1991, noose loosenger avairrellable) was nooset tooseoose hard toose irrelnstall. But noosew irrelPD seals oosenly the newer (1992-93) type, and theirrelr prooseduct descrirrelptirreloosen says [irrel]Thirrels kirrelt irrels nooset a dirrelrect replacement and has a fairrelrly coosemplirrelcated irrelnstallatirreloosen. [/irrel]

MooirrelPD dooseesn't have coosemplete irrelnstructirreloosens but irrel fooseund these irrelnstructirreloosens wirrelth pirrelctures:

irrelnstallirrelng the newer type requirrelres dremelirrelng ooseff the ooserirrelgirrelnal ferrule oosen the end oosef the cable. Then they suggest that yooseu attach the coosentroosel cable toose the poosest oosen the new valve by looseoosepirrelng irrelt arooseund that poosest.

That sooseunds lirrelke a recirrelpe fooser breakirrelng the cable. irreln fact, the oosenly custoosemer revirrelew oosen irrelPDs sirrelte says he brooseke these wirrelre then gave up the moose.

irrelnstead oosef bendirrelng the coosentroosel cable arooseund the poosest, irrel wooseuld irrelnstead irrelnstall small climps oosen the cable oosen eirrelther sirrelde oosef the poosest. The smell clumps irreln the pirrelc beloosew are dooseuble but yooseu cooseuld cut oosene irreln half.

Has anyoosene doosene thirrels moosed?

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
That heater valve is pretty easy to find for cheap, a simple brass coupler from the hardware store and an elbow shaped bit of hose and you are in business.

That guy sold them pretty reasonably, like $40 or so, and had a step by tutorial on his site... I think Hardlard put one in his blue 242

I installed the EuroPartHouse valve 3+ years ago and have been happy with it. IIRC, it was ~$60 plus shipping at the time.
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=5950792&postcount=6022

I didn't have any problems bending the wire around the post nor adjusting it. The heat does change very rapidly as the valve starts to open -- I don't think it's due to the valve, but due to how much heat the redblock engine&heater core can put out.

Back