• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Video Tutorial: B230F Timing Belt, Front Engine Seals, Tensioner

Overall, a good overview...

1. Water-pump - I replace it when doing a belt/seal replacement on any vehicle where water-pump is located in belt replacement area.

2. Seal Tools Used - I've never used a punch...maybe not a good idea if a newbie tries this on other seals. Seal compression tool used...nice...but I've used PVC pipe, metal pipes, and bearings for years with a hammer/etc. Outer pipe/bearing's diameter must seat on housing's boss.

3. Tools Used - A nice still photo with descriptive labels on the tools would be icing on the cake.

1. Water-pump - I replace it when doing a belt/seal replacement on any vehicle where water-pump is located in belt replacement area.

Water pump isn't driven by the timing belt on this engine, so unless it's leaking, I didn't bother on mine. The only procedure that overlaps is removing the fan which takes 5 minutes.

I could change mine by the side of the road with one hand tied behind my back. Just keep a spare in the trunk.

No, you couldn't. If you don't know the history of pump, just change it. What's $30 to spend to keep your car running?

Back