• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

AW70 Issue, shifter?

J_pelchy

Turd Blow Bricks
So I just had an issue with my AW70 and wanted to see if anyone has had a similar issue or an idea off the top of their head.

Car is a '91 245. Trans was driving great, I put it in park running for about 5 minutes and when I tried to put it in drive the shifter was stuck and finally slammed down in to first. From there it didn't want to move so I drove on it a little and I finally was able to kick it back in to drive. When I went to park it the shifter moved forward to what should have been park but the vehicle still seemed to be in gear and moved forward. I turned the car off and it would roll backwards where it was.
Vehicle now moves wherever the shifter is moved to. It'll also start with the shifter being where it is.

Possible shifter or linkage issue? or did the trans trans take a poo.:roll:

You probably either have the linkage that goes from the shifter to the transmission rusted so bad it?s ready to disintegrate or, the two bolts that hold the shifter lever pivot point to the bottom of the shifter box have come out and the whole shifter is moving around.

You probably either have the linkage that goes from the shifter to the transmission rusted so bad it?s ready to disintegrate or, the two bolts that hold the shifter lever pivot point to the bottom of the shifter box have come out and the whole shifter is moving around.

So well put. Last time I drove to Michigan people there couldn't believe a 40 year old car could still be on the road.

Last time I had a shifter linkage fall apart it was this joint, which is peened like a rivet.

shift41.jpg

shift42.jpg

shift38.jpg

Back