home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 10-19-2021, 05:27 PM   #426
seanertz

Default wilwood adapters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart122s View Post
I recently seen a post you make on wilwood disc brakes I am interested in the design for my car I tried to reach out to avalanche performance but no luck could you please guide me in the right direction thanks bart122s
I was able to get the Wilwood adapters from nordic-car-parts about a year ago, and they were pretty pricey ($350 for a pair). The website (www.volvo-lotte.nl) seems somewhat up to date, but doesn't show the adapters on there that I could find. You might try emailing info@volvo-lotte.nl to see if they're still available.
seanertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 05:41 PM   #427
Canuck
Frozen Garage Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor View Post
Also - does the Amazon really have the same wheelbase as a C4 Corvette?
Crazy - but close enough. The vette is a little shorter at 96.2" and the Canadian is 102" - this matters for side view swing arm and anti-dive/anti-squat calculations for the rear.

1966 Canadian (B5234T, C4 up front, Supra out back and a nut in the middle) http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=328003
1981 242 (B230FT, LH 2.4...and a few other things)

YouTube channel covering Canadian build https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsx...n3CiBQFd4rMyXw
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 05:41 PM   #428
Canuck
Frozen Garage Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanertz View Post
I was able to get the Wilwood adapters from nordic-car-parts about a year ago, and they were pretty pricey ($350 for a pair). The website (www.volvo-lotte.nl) seems somewhat up to date, but doesn't show the adapters on there that I could find. You might try emailing info@volvo-lotte.nl to see if they're still available.
That's Boris...sorry - I was speaking "Old Turbobricks" like when we all knew each other.
Old 10-19-2021, 05:45 PM   #429
Canuck
Frozen Garage Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32RennSport View Post
I used to work at a custom chassis shop that used C4 suspension exclusively to retrofit to tri five Chevy's and other applications so this is especially fascinating to me as my job there was to blow apart, refurb and reassemble both front and rear C4 suspension sub assemblies. This build constantly has my wheels turning every time I revisit it. Amazing effort, thank you for the documentation!
Seriously! Man, I've spent months reworking how the entire suspension can get connected to and packaged in this car. Recently when I disassembled the dogbone on the drivers side, I worked out how come this suspension was on ebay. Someone ran out of talent and the dogbone was bent. I could not tell before I had it apart. Then the damn bushings I bought didn't fit...SuperPro's fancy bushings that are supposed to fit all years do not fit the early LCA. It's OK - I'm making my own...this suspension is slowly killing me.
Old 10-19-2021, 06:19 PM   #430
evolvo67
Board Member

Hang in there, Professor, your fans need you to keep going!!!
Old 10-19-2021, 07:38 PM   #431
igor
Fika?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
That's Boris...sorry - I was speaking "Old Turbobricks" like when we all knew each other.
You made me look at my join date. Iím a little freaked out now.
igor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:42 PM   #432
igor
Fika?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
SuperPro's fancy bushings that are supposed to fit all years do not fit the early LCA. It's OK - I'm making my own
Keen to see this. Iíve run into a few hard to find bushings lately. Was gonna look at 3D printing some moulds/caps/fixtures and pouring some of my own.
igor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:52 AM   #433
Swedbrick
Board Member

From experience printing larger parts in TPU can be challenging, especially with 100% infill, your settings need to be dialed otherwise the nozzle backpressure tends to result in tangled filament in your extruder. Inter layer adhesion is awesome though, just make sure to bake the filament as it likes to absorb and form bubbles.

Printing out a mold in something like PETG and pouring the bushing might be the most cost/time efficient method with certainty of voidless bushings.
Swedbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 11:43 AM   #434
Canuck
Frozen Garage Hell

Quote:
You made me look at my join date. Iím a little freaked out now.
I know...I hate to think about it. Then the mirror reminds me.

Quote:
Keen to see this. Iíve run into a few hard to find bushings lately. Was gonna look at 3D printing some moulds/caps/fixtures and pouring some of my own.
In a video or two - I'm designing a multi-part bushing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedbrick View Post
From experience printing larger parts in TPU can be challenging, especially with 100% infill, your settings need to be dialed otherwise the nozzle backpressure tends to result in tangled filament in your extruder. Inter layer adhesion is awesome though, just make sure to bake the filament as it likes to absorb and form bubbles.

Printing out a mold in something like PETG and pouring the bushing might be the most cost/time efficient method with certainty of voidless bushings.
Molds were printed in ABS - so far so good.
Old 11-12-2021, 11:39 PM   #435
Canuck
Frozen Garage Hell