home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 10-18-2021, 08:01 PM   #376
2turbotoys
Salaminizer

Been a while since I have done anything, need parts but stuff keeps coming up. Life happens I guess. One of the things that happened for the better is I have a new garage manager. My last one, B, passed away last year, very sudden sickness and she was gone. RIP B, we miss you.

No project content here, just documenting stuff like I do sometimes. My project thread, I can get off topic if I want to lol. Although it does explain why I didn't buy any parts this month, new dogs are expensive in the first month.

So Milo is my new buddy, I adopted him last month. Unfortunately he does not fit in a 242. I gotta figure that out still. He's a 95lb lab/pit bull, 10 years old. Coach potato and tennis ball enthusiast, very sweet dog. He has hip problems due to his size and age, so getting in and out of cars is a challenge. He was very overweight but is now close to a good weight.

1st day

Disapproving of leaning a house door on my car, it's padded with a blanket though

Please don't shoot me jacket on, we walked a bit too far and he just sat down on the Pagoda steps.

He heard the waterfall and found the path to it down a really steep path.

Car content coming soon haha

1978 242, 5.3 L33
1979 242, MS, R brakes
2006 V50 T5 AWD @ 17 PSI
2turbotoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 09:22 PM   #377
2turbotoys
Salaminizer

Back to the car. After a huge investment in Fragola, I have enough stuff to finish all the fuel system. Probably. Most likely.

Also got a Strange nodular third member housing for the 9". I kind of randomly picked 35 spline axle fitment when I ordered the True Trac, not really knowing what would be good. The result of this is that the bearing carriers in the OEM housing weren't large enough, they need to be 3 1/4". Got the bearings and Summit Daytona style pinion support as well.

I helped my neighbor out by introducing him to someone who could set up his 8.8 rear for his Factory 5 Cobra he is building. We had to remove a huge gun safe from his truck first. He was so happy he offered to trailer my car back to my house so I can actually work on it. The guy is taking forever setting up the rear, my neighbor said he has to pick it up before we can get my car home. Well played sir

Old 11-24-2021, 12:51 PM   #378
dl242gt
My car is fun hp club

Congrats on Milo! He looks cool. We adopted a Dogo Argentino last year who was 7.5 when we got her. She is 82lb of goodness and has helped make life a lot more pleasant around here.
1982 242 turbo. 338k miles. MVP coilovers and 3" exhaust. Flowed 405 with a V15. Cossie turbine housing with upgraded compressor housing. 90+, IPD remote oil filter. Some other goodness, too. Been lots of fun over 25 years. Restored in 2k. Now ready for a 2nd restoration.

1993 245 Classic, 435k miles, enem V15. IPD bars and chassis braces. Simons sport exhaust from Scandix. sbabbs ezk chip. Been a good road warrior. Genuine Volvo rebuilt leaky M47.
dl242gt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:15 PM   #379
2turbotoys
Salaminizer

Thanks! Congrats on your adoption as well, those are cool dogs. I really needed a dog back in my life, and he is doing well.