home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 11-08-2021, 02:12 AM   #26
Arn02
Board Member

Nice work. V8, it just makes sense does it not?

The 245 GT

The Euromurican
Arn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 07:53 PM   #27
corivus
Hey Shiny!!

it fits so perfectly, and so much more of an aftermarket for performance upgrades at better price points.
corivus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 02:18 PM   #28
Tfest
Hipsters ruin everything™

Quote:
Originally Posted by corivus View Post
it fits so perfectly, and so much more of an aftermarket for performance upgrades at better price points.
Agreed, reliable 300+hp with better MPG at a better cost? No brainer.

Why did you not go with a standalone harness? Our harness from BP was plug and play. It's one of the main reasons our V8 swap only took 30 days.

https://www.bp-automotive.com/
Tfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 07:51 PM   #29
corivus
Hey Shiny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfest View Post
Agreed, reliable 300+hp with better MPG at a better cost? No brainer.

Why did you not go with a standalone harness? Our harness from BP was plug and play. It's one of the main reasons our V8 swap only took 30 days.

https://www.bp-automotive.com/
Because I am a glutton for punishment and I can say I did it all if I make my own stand alone, honestly though I should just grab the BP one. seems everyone is going with that for ease of use.
Old 11-09-2021, 07:56 PM   #30
Tfest
Hipsters ruin everything™

Quote:
Originally Posted by corivus View Post
Because I am a glutton for punishment and I can say I did it all if I make my own stand alone, honestly though I should just grab the BP one. seems everyone is going with that for ease of use.
It is an honorable challenge to take this on yourself. You'll know a hell of a lot more about your electrical system than I ever will.
Tfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 07:59 PM   #31
corivus
Hey Shiny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfest View Post
It is an honorable challenge to take this on yourself. You'll know a hell of a lot more about your electrical system than I ever will.
hah thanks and thats one way to say it! honestly I am just as tempted as I was when first taking on making a new harness to use the bp one.

edit: to add just shot them an email to see if they had a harness that also includes a/c, I'm going to make a fuse setup for that as well as a/c is a must in az for a DD

Last edited by corivus; 11-09-2021 at 08:06 PM..
Old 11-10-2021, 08:27 PM   #32
cosbySweater
Board Member

terminator x is the answer, so much better then a stock ecu, gives you alot more room to grow once you get bored of the stock power level
2013 VW Passat TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bricktop420 View Post
Thank you very much everybody... i now feel sufficiently retarded and will go cry in the corner...
cosbySweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 10:23 AM   #33
corivus
Hey Shiny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosbySweater View Post
terminator x is the answer, so much better then a stock ecu, gives you alot more room to grow once you get bored of the stock power level
Sadly backorders from April with Holley are still not filled and the current fulfillment date has changed from 11/19 to 12/30... correction apparently its tbd now. Otherwise I'd have had a Holley unit back in September.

edit: i will be using them next year for another project because part of me just wants to be all motor so I can retain a/c.

Last edited by corivus; 11-11-2021 at 10:29 AM..
Old 11-26-2021, 05:36 PM   #34
corivus
Hey Shiny!!

Quick update, mostly playing with wiring right now, waiting on hoses to come so I can start making my radiator lines. Of course the holiday's are delaying that, but I'm hoping to do the first test start this year, if not its not a huge deal. The Current DD I have is pretty comfy and the wife keeps jokingly asking if I'm gonna sell the 740SE (the answer is always no). Its a NA 00 V70 manual that's been fully optioned out, if it was turbo I'd be keeping this long term.

Also I can't find my n/a upper and lower radiator mounts so I just used the old turbo ones, everything clears which is nice but damn I want it to look cleaner now. who cares that I'm just going to be pulling the harness after I do a test start to sheath everything.

Nearly finished up the harness just gotta run switched power to the connectors to the a/c compressor and also make a connector for 12v+ signal request from the Volvo ECC to the GM ECM at pin 17.

Also I wanted to be able to place the tach module further away from the exhaust, this required extending the harness but once that was completed I mounted the tach module where the battery used to sit. I reused the volvo grommet for the gm dbw harness while extending it and it fits real nicely. I will still probably just go get a proper grommet from the hardware store so I have something that sits in night and snug. this one is a little loose and I don't want to have any engine noise in the cabin like my red 740 did.

And started planning on routing my wires since I wanted them to tuck a bit more once covered. So far its a lesson in patience but I've already had to undo some of the loom to make things exit in different places to get the harness as a whole to tuck around the engine neatly. On a side note is there any sort of extra shielding I should do near certain places on the harness?

Last edited by corivus; 11-26-2021 at 06:35 PM..