• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

R32rennsport's Amazon Thread

Congrats, it really came out great. You definitely did that car justice with the mods and work done on it.

Congrats, it really came out great. You definitely did that car justice with the mods and work done on it.

Appreciate the compliment! It wasn't horrible to begin with luckily, but I'm glad I could take care of many items before they got out of hand. ;-)

This weekend was me mainly getting caught up on loose ends on the car and giving it a good once over after putting 100 miles on it in the last week or so. Addressed a coolant leak at the transfer pipe to water pump seal as well as re torquing the cylinder head, valve adjustment and valve cover replacement. Snugged up the oil pan bolts as well.
Time was really spent on taking care of electrical items that needed to be wired up or addressed including horns, headlights, reverse lights, and license plate lights. I started on harness work for the OD and driving lights which I hope to finish and test later this week. Driving down the the freeway with power and 4.11 gears is a bummer right now with only 4 gears. I didn't want to cut the dash for all these new accessory switches so I'm going to make a small, hopefully unobtrusive, panel right below the heater controls.

A little side project while wiring up everything was this little aluminum accessory switch panel that I made out of some aluminum angle laying around the scrap bin. Think it came out just how I pictured it. I would have centered it under the dash items but I thought better of it being under the dangling keys.

Last edited:
That switch panel looks good, not out of place at all.

Thanks, I think it blends pretty well.

I changed the switch arrangement slightly to accommodate the the overdrive toggle and indicator to give it priority on the panel and also so the OD light would be more in my line of sight.

Little photo dump from the weekend. Put another couple hundred miles on it up and down the coast. Had a great response at the local cars and coffee, lots of stories and questions were shared. The nice thing about finishing up this project was purging and cleaning out my workshop which took me the better part of Saturday and Sunday but now my space feels less chaotic. It's nice going from restoration to maintenance mode. Last picture is both my toys together. Enjoy!

Last edited:
If you ever want to mimick the Volvo 123GT tach without spending $300-$450, look at Smiths tachs on Ebay. They were on many British cars and can be scored cheap.

I love that last pic, makes me miss my last Amazon. Those front ends are just perfect.

Thanks! I looked into the Smith's (there is even a local British retailer that stocks them) but the Autometer was close enough, very affordable and is very accurate/responsive. I don't need to be 100% accurate here, this is just my interpretation of what a Volvo should be obviously.

Yeah, nothing beats this front end, even the early first versions are not as nice in my opinion. I think Volvo nailed the proportions and look with this one.

Sent the car down for a new headliner, roof insulation, wind lace, and had the front two seats webbed and lower cushions firmed up. Interior stuff doesn't interest me, I rather leave that to guys who do it every day.

Back