• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvo Meet - ROUND 2 - JUNE 26, 2022 - 11am-1pm - Coquitlam BC, Canada

Leivon

Date: JUNE 26, 2022

Location: 1450 United Boulevard, Coquitlam, BC (Tim Hortons Parking lot)

Time: 11am-1pm

Hey friends, lets do it again!

Same place, same time. We had a great turnout in March (over 20 cars), so lets do round 2!

Pass this on to as many people as you can as I would love to see this meet grow over time.

Cruise... After the meet I want to go for a cruise with as many of us as we can. The direction and destination can be discussed below and/or on the day, but it would be great to have a nice caravan heading towards a park or the water or up a mountain. Who knows where we will end up!

PRIZES!
I still love the idea of prizes, and want to keep things fun.

Instead of gift cards this time however, I want to do raffle tickets that you guys can purchase.
One dollar per ticket (unlimited tickets per person). No Volvo Required.
We will have two draws...
First prize will get all the money from the raffle tickets or $100 (whichever is greater).
Second prize will get the lesser of the two cash amounts.

"Best in show"
I love the idea of having a best in show category as well so here are the rules: Once we gather near the end of the meet to do the raffle I will open up the floor for nominations. You don't have to nominate a car, but if you do, you will only get to nominate one. You cannot nominate your own. After the nominations we will vote on all the nominated cars by applause/cheering. The car that gets the loudest cheers will be the winner. The prize for best in show will be $50. Nothing serious, just some fun to wrap things up at the end of the meet. Not that it would, but my car cannot be nominated.

Things to note:(copied directly from the original meet thread back in feb.)

**This location was chosen because in my estimation there are an even number of enthusiasts in the Surrey/Langley area as there are in the Vancouver area. This will be central enough so everyone can easily make their way. If this location makes no sense for future events we can discuss it on the day and choose a better location for the next one.

**Buy coffee! The row of stalls at the back of the parking lot should be more than sufficient as it is normally empty, even on a sunday afternoon. That being said however, I encourage everyone to buy something from tim hortons upon arrival. I am hoping to avoid any type of kerfuffle from the business. If for some reason we are asked to leave, the back of the home depot parking lot(near the starbucks) is always completely empty and can act as our backup location. This home depot is located two blocks east of the tim hortons, on united blvd.

**Bring what you have! My 245 is basically falling apart at this point, but I am not going to let that discourage me from attending. Take pictures of my rust and see if I care!
Also, if you are currently volvo-less, come anyway!! You wont get a raffle ticket and potentially win a prize, but I know I will be happy to see anyone and everyone who has passion for these cars.

If updates are necessary or things change I will edit this post.

I hope to see you all there.
Leivon

Last edited:
Still a bad day for me, hopefully we can do a Saturday event sometime! The kids would love to see all the Volvos. My boy lost his mind when he visited Scandia once. :lol:

I will try my best. I have friends from out town over. Then I am supposed to be taking the whipper snappers camping after the friend leave.

Thanks for organizing Leivon

Thanks for the meet up Leivon... was a great day.

hope the cruise went well

Pete

I coulda sworn you said you were coming with us!

It was another success. Congrats to the raffle winners.

Best in show went to Bob (volvo_740se) on instagram. I don't think he's on here.

Can't wait for the next one.

I coulda sworn you said you were coming with us!

It was another success. Congrats to the raffle winners.

Best in show went to Bob (volvo_740se) on instagram. I don't think he's on here.

Can't wait for the next one.

Can the next one be Saturday July 23rd? It would be the best day for me on the trip out...?

Jordan

Back