• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1967 220 - "Do you want another Amazon?"

Make sure it gets tagged with a threats against the lives of all 7/9s before it goes back together

My friend who owns a powdercoating place was super short handed... I have been helping him out for the last moth. I now basically can get anything I want done there for free

blasted my front end after putting in the oven to crystalize everything (makes is easier to blast, we use iron media)

220 front and along with my LR bulkhead
kEzERiEh.jpg

fully stripped
7Fu1HjIh.jpg

primed in weld though primer, will be working on this soon
6wFLneNh.jpg

NICE WORK!!!

Noticed when you did the paint touchup on the rear wing/mudguard area that you "hard" masked it. Just a note, or something to try in the future when doing spot touchups like that, try soft making it. Take your tape, and fold it in half then outline the area and stick your paper over it. This leaves the adhesive side up at the edge of the new paint>old paint and it will slightly roll away as you paint, leaving a soft blended edge that is easier to buff.

NICE WORK!!!

Noticed when you did the paint touchup on the rear wing/mudguard area that you "hard" masked it. Just a note, or something to try in the future when doing spot touchups like that, try soft making it. Take your tape, and fold it in half then outline the area and stick your paper over it. This leaves the adhesive side up at the edge of the new paint>old paint and it will slightly roll away as you paint, leaving a soft blended edge that is easier to buff.

Thank you
I like that tip, I'll be repainting with matching paint at some point and will put that to use

Comes in really handy when you have to blend, but dont want to go all the way to a panel edge.

I also do the same with door jambs and such. tape on the back of the door, close it and use a razor to tuck the tape into the gap. Then you never see the paint lines on jambs. This comes in especially good when doing a full car, inside and out. You can prime the whole thing apart, paint all the backs of stuff, jambs, interior, then assemble and block sand the exterior, clean up and back mask and shoot the whole lot without overspray all up in the jambs and on seals and stuff.

Ouch, that's extensive! We're supposed to do that to an early P1800 at the shop in June and I'm dreading it. How many hours do you have into the repair so far ? Have you tried hanging some of the panels like the fender and hood to check gaps and symmetry ?

Well done! More pics please :)
Thank you, I will take more pictures and post soon

Ouch, that's extensive! We're supposed to do that to an early P1800 at the shop in June and I'm dreading it. How many hours do you have into the repair so far ? Have you tried hanging some of the panels like the fender and hood to check gaps and symmetry ?

how many hours?
oh boy... that's hard to say... the blasting and removing excess body from the donor piece took the longest. 20-30 maybe but that's just because I was not on a clock and I wasted some time thinking I could do driver side only

hanging panels...
No not yet, the front piece is just hanging there and isn't fitted on the right way. I still have to remove undercoating from the bottom "frame rails" and trim few pieces at the bottom, then mock everything up as close as I think it should be, tack weld it in few spots and reinstall the rest of the front to check alignment.

sure Volvo provided the measurements of the frame but to measure those out on a car without IDK lasers? is nearly impossible, there really isn't a single straight frame line where I can run a string/measurement across. Thankfully the way I have the front piece cut should make alignment pretty straightforward *fingers crossed*

so yes I will be reinstalling everything really soon, between this and my other car/home projects I dont have very much time each week

Last edited:
my measuring stick. everything was within spec!
9WGQhnZh.jpg

inner fender to firewall
M5cbFpth.jpg

ctL2OArh.jpg

fender on
0dUxDoQh.jpg

small bend in the fender toward front of it, where it bolts to the chassis... easy to fix
sQYck7Xh.jpg

hood and fenders on. it's all within adjustment and will get adjusted properly once I weld the front on all the way.
RA1hOyAh.jpg

Good job, that's no small undertaking. Especially without access to lifts, rolling tables, frame jigs, etc....

Good job, that's no small undertaking. Especially without access to lifts, rolling tables, frame jigs, etc....
Thanks Matt, ?17 an hour self employment pay helped make it happen

Looks sweet all on there

How'd you get it lined up all by yourself?

Thank you
I had my apprentice hold it with both hands and I made sure he didn’t zip me up until I was done

Last edited:
I got a plasma cnc table at work and decided to make some stuff for this. Spring is here and I made time to work on this

I have seen many amazons with these holes cracked and this should stiffen up the front end too. My spare front end moves visibly when you turn the steering wheel

vK1RF2Xl.jpg

HD12dpSl.jpg

Kd2ZEQFl.jpg

tKQvnrml.jpg

CkrEAUGl.jpg

Since these plates fit so well I got motivated enough to finish welding in the front end
YpPa9K3l.jpg

n8z8p9Tl.jpg

ZYrk4zOl.jpg

Around this time a little redhead elf showed up and we decided to put in a temp front suspension while I mock everything up
ZCJVzNZl.jpg

hVWjMo9l.jpg

uyj0Zmel.jpg

Back