home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 06-21-2021, 12:02 AM   #201
cosbySweater
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerd View Post
No change was made when I installed an aem in the tank for a main pump and ran new fuel line to the the filter area and replaced the filter. I'll see if I can use a loaner from costless or somewhere to check the pressure.
My kjet car did that for a super long time and I never was able to pinpoint it before I ls swapped the car :/ wish I could be more help for you
2013 VW Passat TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bricktop420 View Post
Thank you very much everybody... i now feel sufficiently retarded and will go cry in the corner...
cosbySweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 11:43 AM   #202
Jerd
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosbySweater View Post
My kjet car did that for a super long time and I never was able to pinpoint it before I ls swapped the car :/ wish I could be more help for you
It's fine. I searched on here and other forums and found several very similar threads, most were unresolved.

I feel like I have tried most of the logical stuff and since I plan on going standalone anyways I'm pretty much done spending time and money to try and resolve this one myself. With that being said, if anyone reading this has any other ideas, I'm all ears.
Jerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 11:40 AM   #203
Jerd
Board Member

Did some glambling, car held up great i didn't run into any drivetrain issues. The Bilstein HDs are hurting, both sides have gotten pretty sticky, not sure if it was the fine dust or if i got them too hot. The day we drove home was about 114* and the clutch fan seemed to be doing its job because the car didn't overheat once. The car performed well, the only thing that bothered me was the under damped rebound in the rear. I think a slightly stiffer spring rate could also be beneficial but its hard to tell when the damping is all wrong.

Added a bulkhead to the fuel sender instead of running a reducing hose barb and hose clamps.

Swapped the B cam out for an IPD turbo cam, and then turned the boost up. I bought some LH chips but im still working out some kinks with the guy that burns them, i have either got two bad chips or there is some compatability issues with my ecu.

The car is super fun to rip around in at ~14psi. It pings a little at 15psi with boost onset, hopefully the fuel chip will help with that when I can get it working. This car puts a smile on my face almost every time i drive it, if i can get it running a reliable 15psi i think ill call it good for power mods and focus on suspension. Its pretty dang quick on the street and its more than enough on dirt.

Last edited by Jerd; 08-02-2021 at 03:33 PM..
Jerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:15 PM   #204
Harlard
Hurlurd?Harland?Bueller?

Herr Harlard am Erstens

1979 242 DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by t8fanning View Post
My knob has a big chunk of steel on it
Harlard is offline   Reply With Quote