• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

b21ft build (prelim, dumb questions)

Chicks dig B21FT's.

A884444F-2125-4DF5-A524-BC73954B541B-M.jpg

Chicks dig B21FT's.

A884444F-2125-4DF5-A524-BC73954B541B-M.jpg

mine only digs it when it runs :/ real shame I know

Absolutely immaculate. My lord. That's everything a man could want or need -- and probably just about what I'd end up spending getting the block built. That's really compelling. Hmmmm..........

"With the earlier 240s, you can unbolt the top radiator support / hood latch panel to get lots of extra room. It's spot welded in later 240s"

I drilled the spots out & use bolts in their place.
It does make things a lot easier, especially if you leave the head on while taking the engine out.
Tim

I would love to do something like that in my 740; being able to remove the entire nose of the car is something I miss from my VW times.

On a different note, I too am following this thread: I have a B23 block + rod I have been meaning to build and keep procrastinating.

I would love to do something like that in my 740; being able to remove the entire nose of the car is something I miss from my VW times.

On a different note, I too am following this thread: I have a B23 block + rod I have been meaning to build and keep procrastinating.

its pretty cool how these older 240's are so easy to assemble and disassemble -- its like a big model that can maim you if you aren't careful (whoops).

i'm procrastinating too, so welcome to the club. i haven't made much, if any, progress on the build. relinquished the idea of trying to disconnect the trans from the block while it still sits in the bay. the block has not moved. its been a hell of a month. hopefully i'll be able to get it to a machine shop sometime in November if the state doesn't simultaneously burn down and freeze.

what's your build about? im curious to see what you've got brewing! sorry im no help, i wish you tons of luck in your efforts!

Back