• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Our latest '70 145 Project - Need a few things. Any Ideas?

Try it again. I just removed the Grant adapter from of my '71 142 and installed the same Momo adapter that you bought and it fit perfectly.

The Momo adapter I have isn't painted in the center like the one you bought. Maybe the paint is preventing the splines from engaging.

Try it again. I just removed the Grant adapter from of my '71 142 and installed the same Momo adapter that you bought and it fit perfectly.

The Momo adapter I have isn't painted in the center like the one you bought. Maybe the paint is preventing the splines from engaging.

Thanks for the quick update. I?ll have a look.

I know, enough already with this hub thing

So the Momo is a nonstarter. the splines on the hub are clean but it just doesn't slip on. I can send it back and get a refund so no worries. There is a company in Estonia that has a Luisi 7705 and from the picture, it looks promising.

I don't know the spline count of my column (I was asked to perform that task by the Momo seller). it appears to eliminate the need for the plastic factory part. I think I am going to go for it.

Screen-Shot-2020-03-12-at-4.17.02-PM.png

over-copy-1.jpg

That's really strange unless you got a defective part. Does the Momo adapter have S311 stamped into it like the one in the pic?

That 7705 sounds interesting but who knows if it's the right shaft size.
Why not buy the one from Hiperfauto?
Here's a picture of my 7702 followed by another one I ordered previously that supposedly (too big) fit the 140-
WnNprs1.jpg

8klQwCn.jpg

That 7705 sounds interesting but who knows if it's the right shaft size.
Why not buy the one from Hiperfauto?
Here's a picture of my 7702 followed by another one I ordered previously that supposedly (too big) fit the 140-
WnNprs1.jpg

8klQwCn.jpg

What did you do to the 7702 to get the plastic factory horn piece to fit in the notch on the 7702? I currently own the Momo hiper refers too. It?s the splines that?s don?t match my column.

What did you do to the 7702 to get the plastic factory horn piece to fit in the notch on the 7702?
I must've filed it- I can see a little notch from the file. I had to replace most of the plastic in that area either with new or used because it was crumbling in my hands so I can't remember exactly what I did to the hub.

I must've filed it- I can see a little notch from the file. I had to replace most of the plastic in that area either with new or used because it was crumbling in my hands so I can't remember exactly what I did to the hub.

You made the wrong boss work. Congrats. My buddy suggested filing the notch but 50-year old plastic doesn?t like getting pushed into places it doesn?t belong.

Hiper suggested the splines on the Momo boss looked painted and by golly, they are! I am going to figure out a way to get all of the paint off and give it another shot.

you are correct! The splines on the hub are choked with paint. I stripped it today and cleaned it out as best as I could. They don't look very deep/defined but maybe they don't have to be.

You are never finished - An Update

We have addressed the mechanical and electrical issues, replaced some front suspension bits, a 4-wheel alignment, complete chassis lube, fresh transmission oil, fresh rear diff oil, and new tailgate hinges.

Because of Covid, I elected to have the car trucked home from the detailer (he just steam cleaned the seats, door jams and engine bay). It arrived in one piece and it was fun tooling around a bit and then the NOS rearview mirror fell off.

The old one popped off and the new one, that looks exactly like the old one, is fighting me to stay on. What is the trick?

Does anyone out there have an extra window winder clip? I am missing one.

Well, here it is...

IMG_6312.jpg

IMG_6313.jpg

^It can be hard to install. Have to get the nub of the head on the screw partially inserted, then smack it hard with your other hand upward, so it'll snap into the bracket.

Car looks good.

^It can be hard to install. Have to get the nub of the head on the screw partially inserted, then smack it hard with your other hand upward, so it'll snap into the bracket.

Car looks good.

Thanks for the quick response. If I remove the screw from the mirror it is too big for the receiver hole. It is the same size as the original one. I get what your saying though because there is a little ridge in the rearward part of the receiver hole. That could catch it and keep it up. I tried unscrewing the the screw a bit to see it would catch but no joy.

Back